Album Covers as Artwork

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I was talking to a few people, and I was quite surprised they collected album covers because of the artwork. I was just wondering how many people on this board collect album covers, and how many have tried their hands at this form of art?

speed said:
...and how many have tried their hands at this form of art?
I've been trying half-assedly to get my foot in the door in this realm. Since I have a fulltime job (pays the bills but isn't that fulfilling) but still don't know what I want to be when I grow up (and have too damn many interests), I have limited time to put into it, but I actually have one album cover under my belt (lots of mock-ups done, and the one selected has the least to do with my talents as an artist). I was fortunate, though, to work with Vicious Rumors ( www.viciousrumors.com ) on the cover for their most recent studio release, SADISTIC SYMPHONY. You can check out all the different ideas I worked on for it on my gallery page at www.renderosity.com (go to the home page, click on the link to the galleries, click the "By Artist" link and search on my alias, "MRNot"). It was rewarding, but a *LOT* of work. I hope to be able to come up with something for their next disc, but I'm trying to sell my townhouse, so life keeps getting in the way..

I used to buy albums based on their artwork, then i discovered p2p applications. If i knew where i could get some posters of artworks then I would, specially some Dan Seagrave stuff.

I used to buy a lot of albums based on artwork but it's come a long waysince then and now even shitty bands can have cool covers so I am a little more cautious.

Even when I was younger and my parents hated metal, my mom would still defend some of it based on the cover artwork.