Album Covers

ziltoid.JPG

I think just by seeing this cover i knew i would like this album...Cant wait for z2

Same here. I had heard of Devin previously, but it wasn't until this album that I actually purchased a disc from him. From there, I was blown away I had to get all his solo stuff. I too cannot wait for the second one...even moreso than the two that are coming out this year.

There is only one album I have ever bought solely based on the album cover, without knowing anything about the artist or the material:

DJRashed.png

(This CD was in a little store inside a Middle-Eastern eatery. The song titles on the back were all in Arabic.)

But on a more serious note, album covers are definitely a factor in choosing music; particularly for developing an interest in a band to begin with. When I was first getting into metal (far too recently), for example, the album covers made me want to take interest in Iced Earth, even though at the time their music was a bit "thrashy" for my tastes.

Among my favorite album covers now are the following (all of which I'm sure are very well known in these circles):

220px-Kamelot_epica.jpg

220px-Opeth-ghost-reveries.jpg

220px-Therion_-_Lemuria.jpg

220px-Dream_Theater_-_Awake.jpg

Among my favorite album covers now are the following (all of which I'm sure are very well known in these circles):

220px-Kamelot_epica.jpg

220px-Opeth-ghost-reveries.jpg

220px-Therion_-_Lemuria.jpg

220px-Dream_Theater_-_Awake.jpg

I've always hated that Kamelot cover. Just way too corny for me and the "models" just look ridiculous.

The others you listed are great though. Sirius B/Lemuria I thought were both excellent covers.

I remember the good ole days when you could almost gauge an album by it's cover........it's gotten a little trickier these days.