Metal covers of pop and other songs

Thy Majestie - In God We Trust (Stryper cover)
At Vance - I Surrender (Rainbow cover)
Treasure Seeker (Olaf Hayer) - To Hell With The Devil (Stryper cover)
Pink Cream 69 - My Sherona (The Knack cover)
Disturbed - Land Of Confusion (Genesis cover)
Nightwish - Over The Hills and Far Away (Gary Moore cover)
Tad Morose - Knowing Me, Knowing You (Abba cover)

I've always wanted to hear Jorn Lande do a cover of Seal's, crazy. For some reason I can hear him doing that cover when he was with Ark. It would've been great!

I've also wanted to always hear a "metal" cover of Midnight Oil's, Beds Are Burning.

KingsGene said:
Where can I find this? I'd love to hear it....

The Thin Lizzy cover was on the Iron Maiden "Can I Play With Madness" single. You can get the song by downloading from places like Limewire or Bearshare if you are not opposed downloading.

Ayreon - "No Quarter" (by Led Zeppelin)
Therion - "Summernight City" (by ABBA)
Tortured Conscience - "Little Drummer Boy"
Blind Guardian does a bunch, but "Mr. Sandman" = fucking ownage
Exodus - "Low Rider" (by War)
Nevermore - "Sound of Silence" (by S&G)
Pantera - "Purple Haze" (by Jimi Hendrix) [twas hideously bad, but still entertaining]
Stratovarius - "Blackout" (by Scorpions)

MisterMayhem said:
Beseech-Gimme_Gimme_Gimme(ABBA)
Dragonland-The_neverending_story
Fozzy - Balls To The Wall
H.I.M._Wicked Game
H.I.M._Rebel Yell
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Sinergy - The Number Of The Beast
Sonata Arctica - Still Loving You
Doro - White Wedding
Dream Theater - Hey You
Dangerous Toys - Feel Like Makin' Love

That "White Wedding" cover is awesome, I almost like her version better than Billy Idol's.

Doro also covered "Baracuda" and "Whiter Shade of Pale."
Lana Lane also did a cover of "Whiter Shade of Pale."

I've got a whole CD of metal band's covers at home and it's driving me crazy I can't remember most of them and the ones I can remember have already been mentioned.
If no one has mentioned Iced Earth's "Tribute to the Gods" album yet, that's got a shit load of great covers on it. Maiden, Priest, AC/DC, etc.

edgeofthorns said:
I've always wanted to hear Jorn Lande do a cover of Seal's, crazy. For some reason I can hear him doing that cover when he was with Ark. It would've been great!

It's not Jorn Lande, but Iron Savior did a metal cover version of "Crazy" on their Condition Red album. I think it's pretty cool.

edgeofthorns said:
I've also wanted to always hear a "metal" cover of Midnight Oil's, Beds Are Burning.

Agreed... I've always thought this song would take well to being "heavied up".

Sumeet said:
It's not Jorn Lande, but Iron Savior did a metal cover version of "Crazy" on their Condition Red album. I think it's pretty cool.

Agreed... I've always thought this song would take well to being "heavied up".

:) Disturbed would rock the Midnight Oil cover out, because they could make it heavy, yet the band can actually sing! It would be great!

Here's a kick ass version of Cream's 'Sunshine Of Your Love' with brutal death metal vocals and a blistering shred solo.

Must hear to believe!

Sorry to resurface an old thread. But after listening to Graveworm's "Drowned in Fear" the cover version of REM's Losing my Religion... this basically hits the top for me. Not only is Graveworm one of the best heavy bands, but the version is completely theirs, and is awesome. I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but.. yeah.

That said, I also enjoy Type O Negatives' Cinnimon Girl.

NIGHTWISH cover of PINK FLOYD's "High Hopes" from the End of and Era live performance at Hartwell arena. When you hear it you can see David Gilmour and it's totally Floyd.

I think Helloween did an ABBA cover.
A favorite cover that I can think of straight of the top of my head would be Sinergy's cover of Blondie's "Hanging on the Telephone".

But the one cover I don't know wether to laugh or cry about is Freedom Call's "Dancing with Tears in my Eyes".

That song has been done by at least three metal bands: Dreamscape, Poodles, and Freedom Call.

For some reason that one's a favorite. Maybe Wolfgang will drop by and tell us what interested Dreamscape in doing it. It's a pretty cool prog version of the song on the Very album.