Metal covers of pop and other songs

Didnt see this one mentioned -
I Love the World - covered by Anacrusis on their second album - I think originally done by a band called New Model Army. They played me the original on the tourbus - lets just say I think their version is MUCH better :)

jeff

Im sure these were mentioned before but heres some off the top of my head...

Vision Divine - Take On Me
Gothic Knights - Hungry Like A Wolf
Manitou - Beat It
Surpreme Majesty - Far Beyond The Sun
Asperity - I Dont Believe In Love
Lions Share - I Dont Believe In Love
Thunderstone - Rainbow In The Dark
Ilium - Rainbow In The Dark

Cheiron said:
Sorry to resurface an old thread. But after listening to Graveworm's "Drowned in Fear" the cover version of REM's Losing my Religion... this basically hits the top for me. Not only is Graveworm one of the best heavy bands, but the version is completely theirs, and is awesome. I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but.. yeah.

I'm kinda the only Graveworm-playing deejay at WREKage...and I'd really love to play that cover, but I'll bet I'd get hate phone calls. :erk: ("Dude, what is this crap! Play some Cryptopsy!")

That said, we realllly need to do an all-covers show some week. Or maybe just mostly covers, since 6 hours of covers would reallllllllly cause some bottom-of-the-barrel scraping. :)

ravage2020 said:
I know of and have stuff like Sonata Arctica s Fade to Black and Wind Beneath my Wings, and also have Vision Divines cover of take on me,, does anyone else know of cool covers like that... ?

Thanks in advance, and if this topic has already been covered, sorry but I couldnt figure out how to search topics :)....

where can i find Vision Divine's version of Take on me?

I love that fcking song.