are album covers crap now??

Bambi

Villain of the piece
Dec 19, 2001
Evil lair
Visit site
all this idle chit chat about the new album covers got me thinking: i cant come up with that many album covers that are really that much cop. Have cds killed off good covers?? apparently. do i just want ppl to post pics of good album covers?? possibly. could i have just called this thread "the album covers thread"?? perhaps. Would it have been as effective in getting respones?? we'll see.

ive been thinking about that. the thing is that you see so many pics these days that the power a picture holds is not that strong anymore. the whole PICTURE concept sold out like.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
ive been thinking about that. the thing is that you see so many pics these days that the power a picture holds is not that strong anymore. the whole PICTURE concept sold out like.

Imo a good cover also sells, with all this Mp3 stuff and Cd high prices the bands/labels should do a great work to people who's gonna buy cd's and can get almost the same thing burning a CD and putting a label or printing a cover.

this year winners of crap covers:

1. Metallica: St. Anger
2. Iron Maiden: Dance of Death

I miss the best all time cover artwork Iron Maiden "Powerslave" :hotjump:

'dance of death' looks shit for sure, but the metallica one looks alright i reckon. better than 'master of puppets' anyway :lol:

i cant look at 'master of puppets' anymore, especially cause of the shape of the hands in the sky. mind you when i was like 13 i nicked the idea for an art work in school haha. and 'ride the lightning' is great.

but are there any decent ones??

into the pandemonium, the silent enigma and turn loose the swans are classic covers but they look kind dull on a cd. heaven and hell is good too but i cant think of many others. they dont have to be metal or anything

yeah haha i had it on cassette for years and i never noticed the hands. i eventually noticed them years later when i saw it on cd.

ohgr-welt.gif

191678-resized200.JPG

converter.jpg

This one because the cover is made of a real plate of steel (!!)
implode.jpg

godspeed.gif

ohGr_sunnypsyop.gif

Ok here are one of the few i can think of right now...

Hahahahahahaha... to be honest me thinks that most covers nowadays are crap. My favorites are Tool - Lateralus, Anathema - A4, Anathema - TSE, Darkhtrone - Soulside Journey and.... *drums*................... Empyrium - A Wintersunset.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
same goes for metal i reckon....