Unoriginal album covers.

Looking for other things I found this one:

BSvsDM4.jpg

The one on the right is a Boris Vallejo painting, awfully similar to the IA cover isn't it?

NP: Imperio - 'Para Ser Libre'

Wyvern said:
Looking for other things I found this one:

BSvsDM4.jpg

The one on the right is a Boris Vallejo painting, awfully similar to the IA cover isn't it?

NP: Imperio - 'Para Ser Libre'

bd.gif

^Bingo, I was just thinking about that Sepultura cover!

Great thread for sure and wow that Doro cover makes me wanna buy that album; although I doubt the music will suit the cover. I hate it when you buy an album because the cover represents an element you would expect to find in the music but it isnt there, very dissapointing. I would welcome a return to a more heavy metal approach to Doro's music, I hope this cover reflects the music inside.

Priest of Evil said:
^Bingo, I was just thinking about that Sepultura cover!

Great thread for sure and wow that Doro cover makes me wanna buy that album; although I doubt the music will suit the cover.

Actually I never followed Doro after Warlock but I checked this album and it seems alright very Warlock IMO.

Wyvern said:
Actually I just picked that one randomly as an example of Soroyama's work :lol:

Great examples so far. The SOD was meant as a tribute but nevertheless works for this thread.

One more I do have on my sleeve:

BSvsDM.jpg

Depeche Mode single is from 1991 but undoubtedly is based on a pic so maybe the Sbbath cover from 1983 is also based on the same pic

This one is really odd to me. That has to be the same picture or painting. The hands, mouth, everything is in the same position. Weird!

Soul of Ice said:
Just remembered one

dreamtheatertraincd.jpg

And the original piece by Jerry Uelsmann

03sm.jpg

Cool, actually the whole picture makes more sense than the cover (the only good thing about that album btw :ill: ).

Wyvern said:
Cool, actually the whole picture makes more sense than the cover (the only good thing about that album btw :ill: ).

That's kinda funny because that's really the first DT album I liked. And I like it a lot. :loco:

Wheezer said:
That's kinda funny because that's really the first DT album I liked. And I like it a lot. :loco:

Well that's ONE subject we are not going to discuss in Atlanta :lol:

Wyvern said:
Actually I never followed Doro after Warlock but I checked this album and it seems alright very Warlock IMO.
Yep, everything released since Warlock has been dreadful IMO - i tried to like it, but you were lucky if you got two good songs on one album. So if what you say is true, I need to investigate the new one and soon!