Idea for DT Covers Album

I always liked the fact that it doesnt sound like the original. Everyone can make it sound more or less like the original, but turn it into something different, that still has quality, that's more of a challenge.

See, that's the problem with this particular cover. Making it a technical death song doesn't make it better. The song got from emotional to mathematical.

^ I disagree.

There's no point in rendering a song in the same it has been written and known. What's the fun in that. You download the tabs (if you cannot learn by ear), rehearse for a month or two, and you've done it! A perfect cover to the T.

I prefer covers getting a wee bit messed. Change the pattern, the tempo, the chord structure, the key, add parts, re-arrange, re-format, realise.

^I never said that changing it into something else is bad. It's actually a great thing and what a cover should be but, I do not appreciate the way Nevermore changed Sound of Silence.

A cover is not instantly awesome simply because it doesn't sound like the original.

^I never said that changing it into something else is bad. It's actually a great thing and what a cover should be but, I do not appreciate the way Nevermore changed Sound of Silence.

A cover is not instantly awesome simply because it doesn't sound like the original.

fair enough, you didn't like it the nuances... that's cool.... and, yes, just because a cover doesn't sound like the original.... - i agree with that.

Well, it may sound like a good idea, but at the same time we're sceptical. I agree that it'd be interesting to do a couple of really creative covers, trying to interpret songs outside of our own genre, but that would require just as much work as writing own material, and it's obviously better for everyone if we come up with a new D.T. album instead.

i agree. the broken cover really was amazing and it's my 14th fav song you guys have, but id much rather have you write new songs than play other peoples songs. DT shouldnt be playing other peoples songs, they have the songs that other people should be playing :worship: