are album covers crap now??

John Carvajal said:
have you seen Empyrium "Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays" one of the best artworks out there, if somebody has that album on CD-R f*ck you!!!!! :Smug:
whereatn.jpg

This one?

eternalhours said:
I'm more likely to buy an album is there is good cover art. Thats why I spent £17 on Tool - Lateralus!

Yeah, definitely, and as Johnnie said a good cover sells the album. I posted Anathema's cover on www.index.hu's Anathema thread and a couple of guys there said "I'm gonna buy the album now just for the cover".

those carboard lp covers mostly look much better to me... like! if a head is printed on it its almost the same size of your own. so you could think you're looking in a mirror and are a rockstar yourself! of course you can just kiss rockstars lips as well hmm. and lp carboard just feels better than that blinky kind of paper.

siderea said:
those carboard lp covers mostly look much better to me... like! if a head is printed on it its almost the same size of your own. so you could think you're looking in a mirror and are a rockstar yourself! of course you can just kiss rockstars lips as well hmm. and lp carboard just feels better than that blinky kind of paper.
i read an interview with a guy from hipgnosis back in the late 80s and he was saying that the new CD format was going to kill off good album covers. I was like "no way maaan" :lol:

this is a good cover: i bought the anniversary etd today for 7 yo yos :

19_deeppurple.jpg

is that dark tranq yoke meant to be a good cover??? its crap.

and them dave mckean covers do fuck all for me, far to fussy to be good album covers, take a look at the classic misfits covers like "walk among us" for good examples and then compare it to the piece of crap he did on the box set. One suits the band perfectly the other is just toss. Still his stuff worked well on the MDB eps. Try harder ppl FFS!! there must be more good covers out there!!