are album covers crap now??

Andy_2003 said:
Actually i didn't want to win this :erk: but Miranda made a mistake in her bid and she retracted it.:hotjump: I was having some fun bidding thinking well, someone's gonna bid higher, but then she retracted her bid, so I hope it doesn't cost me too much :ill:
oh, you really won it? By chance? so you're excused! ;)

Harm set, harm get. :p

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
its a bit always the same tho. that pic could have fit on any katatonia booklet like.
yeh i must admit i like cliche things at times. like that crow theme has been used like 100 000 times. but Travis's stuff is well done overall. and this piece doesnt seem that hard to build as such. imho

Hahahahaha... Self advertising you know ;)

By the way, I found something yesterday... Is it you?

nicolas-hoglan.jpg

Jane's addiction rules, Strays is a great album, bought it last week!!!

Are you gonna see them live in Paris?

Or anybody in this forum gonna see one of the following in Paris?

- Jane's Addiction (October)

- Dimmu Borgir (October)

-Iron Maiden (November)

travis smith is good but but his stuff is not always good cover art
plus he seems to have a kind of "just like katatonia covers" deal for crap metal bands, which makes a lot of it samey

but this thread is about covers and not artists (and deffo not about how much andy payed for some cd, so andy shut the fuck up and dat :lol:)
now lets make a list of what makes a good cover

good image/idea... sticks in you head
relates to the music
is unique in some way

anything else??

I prefer Black Metal covers...I like the cover on Borgir's Garden album...the one on Burzum's Det Som's pretty good too, and Behemoth almost always has a good cover. Also, Rush's 2112 cover is one of my favorites by Rush. That's my input.