Album Launch Party Ideas?

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
I've been recording and working on my bands new album for around say 6 months now & the time has come, I'm soon to be getting 100 albums published and new T-shirts made.

I've got a venue & it's to be held on the 22nd of December with another local band who are also favourites from the area. Everyone is back from Uni and everyone will be going out.

How do I steer the maximum amount of people towards the event? We're going to be putting a section in the local newspaper dedicated to it, going on the local radio to promote, putting up posters in local colleges etc & the obvious, smashing facebook to bits.

Anyone held album release parties before, can you share any stories or ideas?

Any help would be appreciated, I've told the promoter of the club that I'll arrange the layout of the night. So I'm needing some sweet ideas for the night to make it a success!

Cheers

Pay chicks to carry around skull beer bongs with their titties floppin about. not kidding.

5fcbba3351b61427ce62cf70bf70c785.jpg

Put up a teaser that kicks ass so much people want to hear the whole album through a decent system.

Have some kind of door prize that people get entered into when they show up. I dunno free cd&merch or whatever. You gotta make it more than just a band playing a show, make people want to show up for their own benefit.

a gu i know recently launched his single by playing a gig in a local burrito jointand giving a free cd with every burrito, he advertised it as a single lunch party it did well haha