Album number 3

Blondino

Oct 2, 2008
London
www.myspace.com
After a much needed break, the band has returned to the rehearsal room with renewed vigour to start work on writing new material for what is destined to be our third full-length album.

After learning many valuable lessons, we're finally in a position (emotionally, financially, technically etc.) where we have the drive, the commitment, the capability and the confidence to do things the way we always wanted to, and so far the writing process is seeing a much greater level of group participation. We're going to take our time over this one, so that the finished product will be something we're all satisfied with. Which means it's going to be the most ambitious offering yet!

Stay tuned.

Tom

After learning many valuable lessons, we're finally in a position (emotionally, financially, technically etc.) where we have the drive, the commitment, the capability and the confidence to do things the way we always wanted to

Glad to know it. Sadly, not every talented band can say something like that, so take advantage of it and go ahead for a killer album!

So I have a guitar question for you, regarding the new album. Have you ever thought about using 8 string guitars in To-Mera? Not that I think it's needed at all (I love those guitars anyway), but I'm curious about it. I've just noticed that Haken are using them for the next release.

Cool news. There's plenty of releases coming out this year to tide me over until the album is ready (assuming it comes out this year) but I know the wait will be somewhat agonising nonetheless. Looking forward to it.

Realistically speaking we're probably aiming to record at the tail-end of the summer, which will probably mean a 2012 release, so I hope there are enough decent releases to tide you over till then ;)

Opeth's next masterpiece is scheduled for a fall release and I'm pretty sure it will keep my ears busy until the 3rd To-Mera album comes to life (along with many other highly anticipated releases, but that's #1 for me).

Btw Tom... don't know if you remember it, but I told you after the Murcia gig with Ebony Ark (April 2008 I think) that I had just heard the promo for the then upcoming Opeth album (Watershed) and that there was a song that could have been written by you. The song I was talking about was "The Lotus Eater". Should I change my ears or does it make some sense? I still hear some familiar elements... clean vocals over blast-beats, dark, sometimes "dreamy" atmosphere, an unexpected jazz break and an epic, great ending (I consider you a master of song endings).

I just picked up your second album (my first To-Mera experience), and I can't stop listening to it! It's so addicting!
I came here to see if a 3rd album was in the works (or already done :p), and I am pleasantly surprised. Take your time... I'll be waiting!

So it's been 4 months since the latest news. Any small update on the upcoming album would be appreciated :)

About time for another album update. The majority of album 3 is now written. There are still a few things to finish off and some bits to rewrite, but, all being well, we should be making a start on the recording in December :)

Looking forward to this. For me personally it's been a bit of a poor year for metal, but 2012 is looking to have a promising line up of albums (this included obviously).