Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
BORIS-PINK
MEMBERS
Atsuo-Drums backing vocals/vocals
Wata-Guitar
Takeshi-Bass/vocals

NB.I don't know much about this band,so forgive the lack of infomation regarding previous albums.Needless to say everything i have heard so far has distressed,excited and amazed me in equal measures.This album is a great starting point to an incredable journey.

I can't think of to many albums that have had such an inpact on my life as this album.It has changed my listening habits forever.The first time i plyed it i was giddy with excitement.I felt like i ahd the preverbal shit kick out of me.The mixture of emotions that i felt left me spent.I had one of those moments,a kind of near death type thing but on a musical level.
No stone has been left unturned on this album it reaches inside you and grabs hold of your musical soul and shakes the living shit out of it.
It starts with a slow burning motherfucker of a song called 'farewell' that not only has you reaching for saftey,but has enough power to leave you weeping not only with joy but with fear that it could all end here.No chance the tittle interupts the emotions you are feeling by kicking you sideways with its low fi punk that would have just about anyone reaching for an air guitar.'Woman On The Screen' is the song that the Melvins did'nt have the talent to write.'Nothing Special' is everything but.
O.K. so last two song have had left you punked out.'Blackout' is the ultimate slow burner ok its Sunn0))) in three minutes but it does the job of bringing you back down to earth.The strange thing is it leaves you feeing drained of all emotion and wanting more at the same time.Instead 'Electric' is a noise devoid of vocals but saying more than coldplay could say in their entire carrer.
AGGGGHHHHHHHHHH big single time if there everwas going to a big single it would be'Pseudo-Bread'.Which again is last thing you expect.But it could never be a single,because songs of this calibre just don't get released.The Commercial theme is carried on with 'After burner' but this slow buring(yeah i know) masterpiece will leave you speachless such is its elegance.
BY know if you are not weeping with joy then you should be shot at dawn.Six Three Times ' is going to be an undergound classic.Which only belittles the song.'My Machine' and 'Just Abondoned My-Self ' close the perfect album.
Please buy this album.Not only will you be laid to waste by its splendour but you will feel emotions you didnt know ccould be reach in just music alone.
The bar has been raised.Look up and see where the future of metal lays.

WILKS.

Thanks Wilks, ive actually read that review of yours twice before deciding i should have a look for the album, ( sorry, i didnt buy it though, i downloaded it ;) ) when it comes to music there is nothing i appreciate or respect more than an open mind, and in some ways i had a feeling what i was going to get with this album from your review alone, no im not being cheesy, i do know my shit!!!

At times this is a very raw and against the grain experience, but always full of emotion and expression and im always up for some of that!

Ok let me have a look; 'Farewell' being the opener, a song that would of been right at home perhaps as a theme in one of Akira Yamaoka's compositions for a Silent Hill soundtrack (im thinking), alot of musical feeling in there.

The next few songs are pretty raw, ('nothing special' being particularly brutal !) and may need more listens for me to garner just what they are offering.

'Blackout' reminds me alot of Type o Negative, which is a good thing!! i really like the bass sound, and the style of composition is very 'Type o', i kept expecting Peter Steele's voice to come booming in !!! Even the ending if you can call it th.... is classic Type o negative!!

Electric, yes! No vocals but it almost speaks the vibe and energy of Metallica's early garage days stuff to me, in some ways!....but without the ego of course!! Fuckin' Raw!!!

The 'rough' production sounds very deliberate to me, (Six, three times!) heavy distorted low ends, analog (probably) recorded valve amp sounding guitar etc. It works well and gives alot of contrast, to pretty much everything around these days!! But i dont know, its a strage thing, they have the Raw'ness that i think alot of bands have tried to recapture from thier early years and failed to do so!!!

Well its not the last track, 'My Machine' but i think it should have been the last, again im hearing the Akira Yamaoka Silent Hill type feel, a very draining piece of music.

You know something though Wilks, this is your album of the month....on the same month Saxon released the 'Inner Sanctum' ;)
Once again, thanks for your review!

Untitled-1.jpg