Album Review: Celesty - Reign of Elements

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
Well, I don't think I'm very good at reviews, but I thought it might be fun so here goes:

Celesty are a speedy power metal band from Finland, yes, just like Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius, and their music is similar, yet it has a unique flavour about it that just makes me want to shit my pants.

The album is one big story that even features a prologue! Its about this dude Delinom starting a riot in a village called Elger and then is banished by Elger's leader Amardon to Dramar which is where the Maze of Darkness is and then Delinom finds the Sword of Salvation in the Maze of Darkness and uses it to kill the gods and steal their four powers of Ice, Earth, Wind and Fire but the god of Ice survives and flees to Andoria which is the oldest village in the Cryon (where all this stuff is located) and she meets up with Amardon, and they get given a sword by the great spirits and they take on Delinom and win the battle and become King and Queen of Cryon.

Yeah, your typical power metal story.

Its a fucking masterpiece this album. A little gimicky, okay a HEAP gimmicky, but very enjoyable to listen to. The music is perfectly suited to each part of the story with the closing ballad being very inspirational and heart-felt, and the first track being a full on CHARGE (funnily enough, its called THE CHARGE)

The keyboards are probably the stand-out, the double bass drum always blasts away and the awesome keyboard/guitar duelling solos are, well, awesome.

Overall, I was heaps surprised by this album, and it made me shit my pants.

1.8 shits in the pants out of 2 on a shitting pants richter scale of 1 to 2.

(8/10)

Tracklisting:

1. Intro
2. The Charge
3. Revenge
4. Sword of Salvation
5. Reign of Elements
6. Lost in Deliverance
7. The Sword and the Shield
8. Battle of Oblivion
9. Kingdom

Hahaha since when Koichi? :lol:

Thanks for the review, ceydn. I'll have to check them out at some stage if I get the chance. Viva mp3s!

since that song where the ultimate mega fag sings about stealing this chicks earing when she's asleep, I mean certain people here think that lyrics like that constitute a good song *cough* spiff*cough*

but I know better..