Another Turunen, this one singing for Celesty

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Wow this really caught me off guard, but damn the boy can sing, he is really good.

You can find samples of him singing with Celesty on blabbermouth.net

Tony Turunen, the brother of former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen, has joined the Finnish power metal band CELESTY as the group's new lead vocalist.

"This feels awesome!" Tony says in a statement. "This is a new and interesting challenge for me. I'm eagerly waiting to see what the future holds for me and the band."

Dozens of singers applied for the position, but in the end the decision was easy and unanimous. "He's not only a great singer, but also a talented lead vocalist with a very powerful stage presence. Plus he's a great guy!" summarized drummer and composer Jere Luokkamäki.

CELESTY's search for a new vocalist began in December. Even if the band was sure whom they wanted, the new vocalist had to wait for the confirmation until February.

"A good friend of mine mentioned that CELESTY was looking for a new lead vocalist," Tony said. "Since I had listened a lot to their latest album, 'Vendetta', I decided to apply for the position. Of course, I hoped they'd choose me, but I was still surprised when the band invited me to meet them in a studio. Eventually I recorded vocals for three songs in January. After some time, which actually felt reeeaaally long, the band welcomed me to be their new singer."

He added, "I feel positive about the future, and I already have lots of ideas for the band. I will do my best and be creative, both in the studio and during live shows.

"My expectations for the band are extremely high!" concluded Tony, whose first live show with CELESTY will take place in March.

Toni is a good choice to fill Antti's shoes in Celesty. :)

This is a pro-shot clip of Toni performing "Phantom Of The Opera" with Tarja at the first gig of her solo tour in her hometown Kuusankoski, Dec 2007. He was nervous as hell but did a decent "Phantom". Later on tour he was more relaxed and sung even better.

Last edited by a moderator: