Celesty announce 5th album

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
Hailing from Finland, the power metal quintet CELESTY is proud to announce the anticipated fifth, yet untitled album is on its way.
"Our plan is to pre-produce the whole album during the spring so we'll be ready to enter the studio and start to think about the release schedule" explains drummer Jere Luokkamäki.

CELESTY's fourth album, Vendetta, was released by Spinefarm Records in March 2009. The release was highly praised by both the media and the fans. With Vendetta Celesty was able to have a breakthrough in the UK, where the band also toured in October 2010 as a part of 'Boneshakers 2010' tour.
"We did a lot of work in 2010. There was a healthy amount of gigs, and despite of some change of band members, we did extremely well. After the tour we decided to have some vacation from the band activities before starting to work on the new material. At least that was the plan, but we couldn't separate ourselves from the music and still ended up composing new songs" Luokkamäki laughs.

Along with the composing, the band has also been actively rehearsing. "We actually just got a new, bigger rehearsing space where we've been demoing the new songs. And we've already became veeery familiar with our rehearsing room."

- http://www.celesty.net/newsite/

If you haven't heard some Celesty I'd strongly recommend giving them a listen. Great catchy, upbeat, melodic stuff. Band has been through quite a few line-up changes, including a recent new vocalist Tony Turunen, brother of ex-Nightwish's Tarja.

I'm so iffy on Celesty.

They're a terribly generic band in my opinion but seem to improve with each album. Can't stand their first album, I think Legacy of Hate only has three decent songs (Breed From The Land Unknown and the two title tracks). Mortal Mind Creation had a few better songs and I think Empty Room is one of their best. Vendetta actually had some really good songs and I could finally stand the singer - the third part to Legacy of Hate was brilliant, and I loved the harsh singing.

Had no idea they got a new singer though. I'm hoping the trend continues and that the fifth album will be awesome.

I'm so iffy on Celesty.

They're a terribly generic band in my opinion but seem to improve with each album. Can't stand their first album, I think Legacy of Hate only has three decent songs (Breed From The Land Unknown and the two title tracks). Mortal Mind Creation had a few better songs and I think Empty Room is one of their best. Vendetta actually had some really good songs and I could finally stand the singer - the third part to Legacy of Hate was brilliant, and I loved the harsh singing.

Had no idea they got a new singer though. I'm hoping the trend continues and that the fifth album will be awesome.

Legacy Of Hate III is possibly my favourite out of the three titles. I saw Celesty in October when they supported Kiuas. I think Tony Turunen pulled it off really well, I enjoyed their set the most out of Kiuas and Metsatöll!

But that's just me, I absolutely love Celesty, so :)

I've actually never heard of these guys before. So checking them out at the moment. They're quite good, might have to check out their other stuff out as well.

Really cool gaming music:D

Legacy Of Hate III is possibly my favourite out of the three titles. I saw Celesty in October when they supported Kiuas. I think Tony Turunen pulled it off really well, I enjoyed their set the most out of Kiuas and Metsatöll!

But that's just me, I absolutely love Celesty, so :)

LoH 3 is definitely my favorite of the bunch. Not only on that song, but on the whole Vendetta album you can really hear that the band has matured and progressed in their songwriting abilities. New Sin and Euphoric Dream are excellent songs, though I can't understand why they chose Fading Away for a single/video. Oh well.

LoH 3 is definitely my favorite of the bunch. Not only on that song, but on the whole Vendetta album you can really hear that the band has matured and progressed in their songwriting abilities. New Sin and Euphoric Dream are excellent songs, though I can't understand why they chose Fading Away for a single/video. Oh well.

Yeah, Vendetta for me is one of those albums that you love every single song on the album.
Fading Away is a great song, but I would've loved for them to do a music video for another track. It's difficult to pick a 'favourite' track of that album, Lord (Of This Kingdom) sounds like a Manowar track :tickled: Love it.

Is there any explanation for why Antti (hope I spelled that right) left the band? Correct me if I'm wrong but he sang on all the previous albums, right? Sounds almost like two completely different singers between LoH and MMC.