Albums that are unfarily bashed

Chaos A.D. is a good one, that's one of those few albums I was shocked when someone said it sucked. That's unpossible!

At the Gates gets a bit of crap because of all their clones, and that's not fair.

early At the Gates was excellent, but SotS deserves every bit of bashing that it gets.

Chaos AD is incredibly overrated, not unfairly bashed. The original mallcore album.

Immortal-Sons Of Northern Darkness

I know, many people respect it. But there are also many who like to crap on that album.

The Grimace said:
Though I think it's (maybe) their best album, I can understand the h8erz about that one to at least some extent. When a band denies their roots and the scene they came from to make a huge artistic leap, the fanboys will bitch about it. It happens.
Not at all... it was my first Emperor album and I couldnt stand it from the word go. No matter how many times I tried listening to it, I never found ANYTHING worth hearing on there.

Decadent said:
No matter how many times I tried listening to it, I never found ANYTHING worth hearing on there.

How about... Trym is a really really really good drummer... and... the lyrics are amazing by any genre's standards? Or the extremely-far-above-average neoclassical orchestration of the multitrack guitar/keyboard interplay? Or any number of other things completely unrelated to the actual quality of the music itself? You don't hear ANYTHING worthwile?

The WTF!? gallery, just for you: :err: :rolleyes: :Smug: :guh: :confused:

Here's one people may hate me for:
Helmet - Size Matters
I was disappointed with it at first. After a few listens, I accepted the fact that Paige was again taking Helmet somewhere different, and I started getting into it. It doesn't knock you on your ass like the first three albums, but there's some powerful stuff on there, like "Enemies."

Pyrus said:
Yeah, TBA gets WAY too much shit. It's a good hard rock album with some metal tracks on there. Admit that "Enter Sandman" was a good song the first fifteen or so times you heard it; overplaying can ruin just about anything.

Totally correct.

Cryptkeeper said:
Almost every band has one album that everybody seems to bash. In your opinion, what are some of the albums that are unfailry bashed? For me, it'd be Pantera's "The Great Southern Trendkill". It's got great tracks such as the title track, "Drag the Waters", "Suicide Note", and of course "Floods". Also unfairly bashed is "Reinventing the Steel". I love that album. "Revolution is My Name", "Goddamn Electric", and "Hole in the Sky" are great tracks.
ARGGGG YOU'RE THE MAN.

I was always sick and tired of people bashing the later Pantera albums. The best songs on Reinventing The Steel are It Makes Them Dissappear and I'll Cast A Shadow.

Damn straight, y'all.

I still don't know about Chaos A.D. being the original mallcore album. No one at the mall near me has ever heard of that album. And almost everyone on the intarweb either hates it uncontrollably or claims it to be Sep's sellout record.

I fucking love it. But then again, I'm a sucker for groove-oriented metal.

Cryptkeeper said:
Judas Priest's Turbo is also bashed quite a bit.
Turbo isn't bad. Not half as bad as Point of Entry at least
ill.gif

anonymousnick2001 said:
Damn straight, y'all.

I still don't know about Chaos A.D. being the original mallcore album. No one at the mall near me has ever heard of that album. And almost everyone on the intarweb either hates it uncontrollably or claims it to be Sep's sellout record.

I fucking love it. But then again, I'm a sucker for groove-oriented metal.
Yes, anybody that accuses Sepultura for creating nu-metal from Chaos AD (just because it's slowed down groove-thrash) is full of shit. Nu-metal clearly comes from Korn's self-titled album. I dont get why it gets bashed just because it isnt as thrashy as their earlier work. I really like that album by the way.