Albums with the best sounding Blast-beats

Bruticus

Jul 25, 2014
Cheese
Blasts can be a highlight on a record in and of themselves. There have been some delicious sounding blasts out there throughout the years.

Ima start dis off wid dis

When the verse starts after the intro. Vitek sounded fkng amazing on this whole record (would be his last). Those blasts sound so fkng delicious, I'd turn down pizza em.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Proud to have you posting an excerpt from the once great band representing my country. A pity the vocalist that performed on the album is basically unresponsive because of medical negligence back in 2007. Shit happens, I guess...

I've always liked the sound of blast beats on this album by Gorgoroth, although it's somewhat hilarious. A true and frigid classic.

Proud to have you posting an excerpt from the once great band representing my country. A pity the vocalist that performed on the album is basically unresponsive because of medical negligence back in 2007. Shit happens, I guess...

I've always liked the sound of blast beats on this album by Gorgoroth, although it's somewhat hilarious. A true and frigid classic.

When the album came out, the rumour was that Grim recorded the album with human bones as drumsticks.

I always liked this Gorgoroth album's drums. Love the sound and Frost' performance. The second half of this song is perfect.

I was going to post Brutal Truth's video for "Ill-Neglect" but I guess it got copyright cucked off Youtube. Scott Lewis is a maniac behind the kit.
Yeah I was going to post Walking Corpse but same. Shame he was only with them for one album.

Reactions: CiG
He went on to drum for Exit 13's Ethos Musick album but the blasting just wasn't quite there anymore.
I remember watching him blast for Brutal Truth, he used so much force that the whole kit seemed to move forward. No gravity blasting. No wonder he couldn’t keep doing it for very long I guess.

:tickled::tickled:
that blast beat is what made Gaahl turn gay.

Reactions: EspaDa
Yeah so classic grindcore, Gorgoroth jamming with human parts, Ernie and Bert ... routine stuff.

Intro but when the verse starts especially. In your motherfuckin face slut.
Always loved the machinegun like action of Derek Roddy, with Rutan's musical chaos playing in the back... and this album I, Monarch always managed to sound organic despite its precision. I mean Roddy is most probably an android if you've ever seen him.

I actually love Abbath’s blasting on Pure Holocaust.

But my favourite blasts are probably on Altars of Madness, especially Maze of Torment, Chapel of Ghouls, Bleed for the Devil and Damnation. They just sound so punishing and effective.

I love a good blast, and even though they’re often abused, I can’t and don’t want to imagine a lot of extreme metal without them.

I actually love Abbath’s blasting on Pure Holocaust.

But my favourite blasts are probably on Altars of Madness, especially Maze of Torment, Chapel of Ghouls, Bleed for the Devil and Damnation. They just sound so punishing and effective.

I love a good blast, and even though they’re often abused, I can’t and don’t want to imagine a lot of extreme metal without them.
Blasphemy's blasts at the beginning are just brutal.

Asheim's blasts on Legion are also incredible. I also love Benton's vocals and bass playing on that one.