albums

CadalMord

guerrilla
Nov 26, 2001
Finland
Well, about 3 years ago I heard Testament the first time in my life. The song was "Electric Crown", if I remember correctly. Anyway, my friend bought the "The Ritual" album but besides the "Electric Crown", I wasn't really impressed. But now my other friend bought the "First Strike Still Deadly" "re-mix" album, and NOW I'm impressed andbought it myself, too. So, the question is: What album should I buy next?

First of all, FSSD is not a re-mix album.

Second, I think that you should buy The Legacy or The new order. But if you liked the FSSD's sound you should buy The Gathering first, and the other ones later.

See you.

Thx for the tips. But, as I've heard that the songs on FSSD are all old songs done another time, I guess that means they have been re-mixed. Kind of, at least. Anyway, don't get pissed by my stupidness....

first strike still deadly is a re-recorded album, much like iced earths - days of purgatory

its not re-mixed, in fact, several parts of the songs sound quite different from the original ones, due to some re-working of them from the testament gang

i think you should buy The Gathering and Demonic

avoid the mid career albums such as Souls Of Black and The Ritual is you are not to keen on that commercial thrash sound (like me)

if u like gathering and demonic, they u will also like the first 2 albums, The Legacy and New World Order

if u wanna save money just buy FSSD instead of the first 2 albums, cos quite simply the re-worked songs sound even better than the originals (however the originals are still fucking killers!)

later. andy

I have been a fan since New Order came out. That album still remains a thrash classic to this day. The gathering is by far their best work ever...pure fucking aggression. Live at the Fillmore is a great live album...the bonus acoustic stuff is an interesting shift for them. I just heard Trial by Fire from FSSD the other day....kinda weird. Practice What You Preach is another good one to get.