Alesis IO/26 - Lightpipe Question

MKS

May 24, 2005
I have an Alesis IO/26 that I haven't tried to lightpipe to anything other than an Alesis Adat HD24. It would work with the Hd24 with minimal issues but recently started to go in and out of sync more often. So, I decided to hook it up to my (2) M-Audio Octanes and it had the same problem. I was always a little confused by the IO26 because it doesn't have any way to sync with external devices via BNC.

Can anyone explain to me "why" it would it even have two lightpipe adat connections if it doesn't have any capability to sync to an external device? Obviously, I'm not expert of lightpipe but this is really bothering me because I can't make any sense out of it.

Any input would be appreciated.

"
In the Audio MIDI Setup Utility

1. Connect the IO|26 to your Mac.
2. Connect an optical cable from the 8ch ADAT Out on your external equipment to the ADAT In 1 on your IO|26 (clocking via ADAT optical is only available from ADAT In 1), or connect a 75Ω Coxial S/PDIF cable (not a regular RCA cable) from the S/PDIF Out on your external equipment to the S/PDIF In on the IO|26.
3. On your Mac, open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup.
4. At the top of the window that opens, select Audio Devices.
5. Next to Properties For, select Alesis Firewire
6. Next to Clock Source, select ADAT or SPDIF (which ever is appropriate).

In Cubase LE 4

1. Connect the IO|26 to your Mac.
2. Connect an optical cable from the 8ch ADAT Out on your external equipment to the ADAT In 1 on your IO|26 (clocking via ADAT optical is only available from ADAT In 1), or connect a 75Ω Coxial S/PDIF cable (not a regular RCA cable) from the S/PDIF Out on your external equipment to the S/PDIF In on the IO|26.
3. Select the Devices menu from the top of the screen and choose Device Setup.
4. On the right-hand side of the window that opens, select Alesis Firewire (It should be listed right underneath VST Audio System...If its not, the IO|26 isn't yet selected as the active audio device for Cubase).
5. On the left-hand side of the window, next to Clock Source, select ADAT or SPDIF (which ever is appropriate)."

found it on a forum, hope it helps, looking to upgrade my alesis too, if it wont work ill get smth else
cheers