ADAT with PC

flhctroll

Mar 23, 2006
Fox Lake, IL
amproductions.info
Hey all. I have an Alesis HD24 and was wondering what my options were with hooking this thing up to my PC. I would like to use it for tracking @ the pc. I like that fact that there is no latency and the tracks are right where they should be when recorded, but i like the PC interface. Right now I have the Mackie spike and am not diggin the latency issues and having to guess where the tracks should be timing wise. Is there a cheaper card than an Alesis Adat connect? I see that some cards have adat opticle. If i get 3 adat lightpipe cards can they all run together and just use software for controll and record or can they be added to the hd24? Not sure what my options are so im not sure what to ask. Would appriciate any info from adat users. Thanks.

i have an ADAT Connect card that i don't use.... if you're interested, let me know.. maybe we can make a small trade or something

I used one back in the day. I remember fucking with an ethernet connection and the HD24 to no avail. That's about all I remember. I use a MOTU interface with the pc. MOTU might have somethin for you. That ADAT connect that James has is probably what you need.

Sent an email to ya James. Is there anyone using the RME (steinberg) HDSP 9652 card? I like the fact that is has 24 tracks of adat. Would this controll my ADAT only? Or can it record to disk also? Thanks for the input so far guys.

It's sort of like an interface...much like the M-Audio Delta1010 card, only it's got 3 ADAT plugs intead of mic pre's and line-ins. If you install it into your computer and do the drivers and all that, the 24 tracks of ADAT will show up as inputs/sources in your host. It's a good way to get your ADAT devices running into your computer.

~e.a