Disgusted w/ITB Tracking

chadsxe said:
The never ending war....I myself have both platforms. I use my PC for my audio stuff and my mac for my movie/photo stuff. In general eaither or can accomplish the same tasks.

I wasn't even going to get into it, but in my experience over the last 10 years or so, I've seen nothing but strange driver problems like this on the PC side, and I've seen Macs just working properly with any hardware, time and again. Sometimes, problems on the PC side are literally impossible to fix (reformat, reinstall, swap out hardware, etc. and the problem still persists), and the only answer is to get a totally different PC (risky) or get a Mac (which will work right out of the box.)

Kazrog said:
I wasn't even going to get into it, but in my experience over the last 10 years or so, I've seen nothing but strange driver problems like this on the PC side, and I've seen Macs just working properly with any hardware, time and again. Sometimes, problems on the PC side are literally impossible to fix (reformat, reinstall, swap out hardware, etc. and the problem still persists), and the only answer is to get a totally different PC (risky) or get a Mac (which will work right out of the box.)

I guess I have just been lucky. I have never had a problem myself.

Kazrog said:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

only reason you would use a pc over a mac for music is because you cant afford the mac.......

Please, can we keep this mac/pc-discussion out of the door? Doesn't help the guy much, as he obviously wants to use Adobe Audition (PC only)...

All I can say is that some time ago I did a project with Audition 2.0, using RME and M-Audio hardware (using the ASIO Driver in both cases) without the hint of a problem. That's pretty much all I can tell.

Psych05 said:
Please, can we keep this mac/pc-discussion out of the door? Doesn't help the guy much, as he obviously wants to use Adobe Audition (PC only)...

sorry I knew I should have not even got into it since I really didnt have a problem solver for flhctroll ... but it was like an itch I had to scratch...
:danceboy: < enjoy this gif it always cheers me up

Seriously - I know you guys love Macs, but there are a few of us who can't put down the money on one and would like to have a solution that doesn't involve a three grand machine... I mean, come on! That's a three hundred dollar box (EDIT: the recording interface, not the Mac)! There's got to be a better way to get consistency, be it a software tweak, fixed drivers, something like that. That's a serious wad of money to throw into something for recording, and given the time he'll take to get everything important moved over, learn things all over again, find software he likes, et cetera, he could be throwing twice as much money into that kind of thing than he would be if he went for a good pre, a new sound card, and just for the hell of it a mic or two.

Maybe he also has other stuff that requires some part of the PC structure, or software that isn't available for the Mac - I'd be fucked without OrCAD PSPICE, and I know I'm not the only one in the world who has platform issues - or that just doesn't run right. And honestly, as far as operating systems go, I haven't been told by even the most loyal of Mac users that the structure that ships with Mac doesn't hold a candle to Linux, between stability, expandability, and tweakability, when it comes to processor-intensive beasts like quantum simulation.

Am I the only one who ever heard 'it's a poor carpenter who blames his tools'? Sure, it has its limits, but he's not using shit gear, so I'm sure he could be forgiven for hoping that someone on a recording board could offer a suggestion not relying on telling him to spend money and change his way of doing things because there's no other way. If I heard everywhere I turned that some magical fairy box was the solution like I heard in the fucking breast enhancement e-mails some dipshit keeps sending me I'd drop the place and make some friends in the tech support department.

Jeff

This is an endless war...what I didn't knew was the furious warfare it gets here :|
Besides, this have gone way off topic, someone suggests a solution for the problem someone has here? I would check if there's new drivers available, any other suggestions?

Thanks for trying to get this back on topic guys. The only official drivers are 1.0 that shipped with this thing. They have an alpha version but it still does the same thing. Of coarse, there is no help @ the mackie forums. And no help on the Adobe forums. I guess i am going to have to learn a new prog to record with this thing. Anyone know of a great prog for tracking that has a auto align function like trackion? I was going to return this thing untill i noticed i only have 14 days to return it. Today is day 30. It sat around till last week becausse when i ordered it when I needed but it it didnt come in for 6 weeks. Oh well. The next step up will be the rme dsp 24 ch. adat card. It should go great with my Alesis HD24 so I wont have to lug around my mixer now. I do all on location recording. But that bitch aint cheap either. Especially after throwing away $250 on this. I figure I really need to make use out of this thing. Dont need a paperweight that bad :)