Alesis MultiMix 16 USB vs Tascam US-16441 / US-2000

zer0_c00l

Dec 18, 2006
Hey, guys, I have some questions about them, they differ about 100€ in the price, so I would like to know some things

How does Alesis handle varios plug-ins while mixing?
Does Alesis go along with Sony ACID Pro 7?
Is it really possible to record the 16 tracks separately? (dumb question, i know)
Finally, how about the latency while recording the 16 tracks at once with some plug-ins running with the monitoring?

If you can, please answer to them comparating with the Tascam ones.

Thanks!

I just got the Tascam 1641, so I can't give a detailed breakdown on it. I've never tracked with many plugins going, period, save for amp sims where I'm only arming 1 track at a time.

I recorded 10 tracks of drums on one of the higher latency settings (3.5ms IIRC) on my laptop (1.8 Core 2 Duo w/1GB ram) with no problems whatsoever. Aside from doing some guitar tracks where that was the only track armed, that's all I've done so far.

First of all, thanks for your answers.

ahjteam I said handling plug-ins while mixing, i was refering from Equalizers to Amp Sims and etc, i was not refering to plug-ins existing in the interface (maybe i expressed myself wrong as my english isn't always that good), like whem arming the tracks and running them while recording and mixing...

Now it would be cool that a Alesis owner could tell me something about it, as it is cheaper (at least I saw it cheaper) than the Tascam ones.

Your computer's going to be the factor in the plug ins, not the interface itself. If you're just mixing, and using a lot of plugs, you can switch the interface to a higher latency to reduce dropouts, clicks, etc. if your computer can't keep up.

So, how come I use some kind of 6 ampsims or cab emulators and the Sony ACID just crashes all the time?

I have a Core2Duo E7500 @ 3 GHz (overclocked a bit to 3.2 GHz) with 4GB RAM (though WinXP only recognises till 3GB), I find that to be odd!

So, how come I use some kind of 6 ampsims or cab emulators and the Sony ACID just crashes all the time?

I have a Core2Duo E7500 @ 3 GHz (overclocked a bit to 3.2 GHz) with 4GB RAM (though WinXP only recognises till 3GB), I find that to be odd!

answers...suggestions.......... halp?