Alesis Trigger IO settings w/Superior 2.0 on Acoustic Kit?

WesNyle269

Oct 10, 2008
Niles, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I got the Alesis and I have the triggers on my Acoustic Kit and was wondering what the best settings might be? I am having major trouble with false triggering and its just not accurate. I am going insane with this, help? Lol.

Here's my chain:
Drum kit --> ddrum triggers --> Alesis Trigger I/O --> Mac Pro --> Superior Drummer 2.0

I recorded a Grindcore Band whit an acoustic kit, ddrum triggers, alesis i/o and SD2, the result was very poor, a lot of false triggering.

After 1 hour touching the alesis i/o, the ressult was not too bad...

Playing in real time with the sounds from the pluging is great for slow and normal tempos and notes, but the snare rolls, blast beats and fast double bass really SUCKS.

After record the midi notes from the trigger, you have to edit the midi track; with patient the results will be prerfect!!!

Choose the rigth trigger type ( there are 4 o 5 types for choose in the alesis i/o) and play with the X-Talk, threshold and velocity parameters... read the user manual, if you dont have it, you can dowload it from the alesis web site.

Sorry my english!!! :kickass:

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Trigger IO man. Real shame as it's potentially a great well priced product. If only it worked properly!

I think I've played with drumdial trig pads together with ALesis trig I/O for about at least 10 hours and never got it right... this piece of shit equipment is just a very expensive anger management tool and should be avoided at all costs, altho I havn't tried the drumdial triggers with another miditrig interface but as far as I know the triggers is not the problem...

:Shedevil::guh::(:eek::err::mad: