Alestorm drum teaser...you're gonna shit bricks! CYMBALS ADDED

Well, since I couldn't manage to get this Kontakt thing sorted I'll just add the cymbals to the regular drums pack. free of charge for owners of the LSD-Drums pack (everyone who bought kick AND snare before febuary 1st, cause round about then I'll offer the drum pack seperately)

I'm sure someone could make Kontakt instruments for those of us who have the full version of Kontakt. This is what Joey did with his samples since licensing the Kontakt Player (like SSD) costs too much to be worth it for guys like him and you. I use Joey's cymbals in the full version of Kontakt combined with Slate's drums. (I made my own custom kits)

If I spend a bit of time researching how to create/script/map the samples into Kontakt instruments, I might be able to do it for you. I've never done it before, but I don't think it's all that hard. I know Joey could do it, but he's probably too busy. There may a few people on here who already know how to do it... Anybody want to volunteer?

Thanks, I hate how usually samples are always clean spot mc'd cymbals that'll never sound like a real kit does....I actually think the slight phase issues and ringing stands etc make them sound more real... Cause that's how the cymbals are mic'd in a real recording situation.
I didn't record many diffierent velocities in these, just like they're being hit in a metal song.... 5-6 hits per cMbal....They're not meant to go in a jazz song;)

Thank you so much for doing it like this!! :D Its hard enough to make realistic samples into a realistic sounding drum track.

Cool. That BTW is the Alestorm nkm that'll be added to my sample pack soon.
Thanks to vendo for making it.....I haven't even had the time to test it so far, so cheers to james for doing that for me.
These are only hard hits btw... It's metal after all;)

The mapping is sd2.0 but there are some extra cymbals (3 splashes etc)

I think i haven´t added the extra cymbals, because i wanted you to test it first^^.... gonna do that tomorrow.

@James: What do you think? everything mapped fine or does it need some changes?

Btw. do you want all your samples to be mapped like this? i already got them all as nki, just have to make a few changes to them........

Regards

Edit: So not compatible to Kontakt 3,2,1 ?

When I first opened it everything was routed through KT.ST.1 mono so I had to route everything to stereo...besides that everything seemed to work out pretty well! The cymbals seem pre-panned however the toms aren't....pretty easy to get setup overall!

Lasse, didn't you do any softer samples of even the snare?

I got all soft, medium hard and rim samples, just asked vendo to not put them in this nkm.
They're all in the sample pack tho.
Panning of the cymbals is lime I used it on the CD and how the real kit was laid out.
That makes sense cause they're not spot mic'd but mc'd like a real kit in a real recording situation( that was actually the whole idea behind this).
Should have panned the toms as well, sorry.
I'll send vendo the panning i used

James: You have to open Kontakt as 1x Stereo 15x Mono! The Cymbals are routed to the stereo track everything else to mono tracks. The other hits are also in the NKM, soft hits are from 40-60, medium from 60-100 and hard everything above. Snare Rimshot is put on another key, just like in SD2.0. Shall i really remove them? They weren´t there in the first version, but i made new instruments...... if i take them out i have to make 2 instruments, or i rewrite the script so he ignores the other hits.

Regards

Lasse: Awesome stuff, I thought there may be more samples lurking besides this draft of the Kontakt version ;)

Vendo: I see, I rarely use Kontakt so I guess thats a good beta tester considering if I can get a grasp of the routing anybody can! I just loaded it exactly stock in Cubase. This version is hard hits only though isnt it? Hence everything being full whack or nothing.

So far all's good :)

Soft Hit Velocity Range: 40-59
Medium Hit Velocity Range: 60-99
Hard Velocity Range: 100-127

.... for Toms and Snare.