Alexi throat condition - Change in his style of vocals?

Dec 26, 2005
The difference in his vocals from the hatebreeder era to now is quite obvious.

http://youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=X-YGfIVD6As&fromurl=/watch?v=X-YGfIVD6As

according to that link the comment:

"bodomXshredder (4 weeks ago)
Yeah man.. he did.
He had been getting scar tissue building in his throat abnormally and like if it continued it'd make it hard for him to breathe.. and with smoking. I don't think it'd be a good idea. "

Apparently, Alexi was fucking up his voice(not a surprise). So is this true? And anyone have a link to him talking about it or something?

Maybe he learned how to scream better and pronounce english better, so his vocals are probably more clear. He doesn't do growls anymore either or lower the pitch of his voice during parts of song.

I think he improved his signing. If he had a throat condition it would've turned out the same way Ashlee Simpson's career turned out.

I don't think there's anything incorrect about his singing technique. If there was, he'd lose his voice by the end of every show.

Ben Johnson said:
I don't think there's anything incorrect about his singing technique. If there was, he'd lose his voice by the end of every show.

After listening to stockholm live cd, I agree...

That's very true. Lots of hardcore singers lose their voice after shows but when they learn the correct way of doing it, they don't. I watched it on the Mellisa Cross DVD thing.

Is that guy that posted that message a doctor? If not he should shut the fuck up! :lol:

If anything the drinking and smoking would make his voice deeper. If he doesn't growl like he use too maybe he changed on purpose so he WOULDN'T lose his throat after every night?

I don't know about that comment, but most likely, like everyone said, his vocals changed from the smoking. He should stop. He can't die before i marry him.

About a year ago when i was "Growling" in a death metal band we praticed 4 days a week for 3 hours, for 6 weeks, and my voice did not change, infact after a while of doing it you become amune to the Tickaling? feeling, now i was grunting alot deep than lahio does, so i think its just a load of crap until i read it becomes offical news, If you look at bands like 6 feet under they have been going for years pushing there voice to the max, Chris Barns has a realy strange voice due to it, and he also smokes about 40 fags a day, and his vocal styles have not changed.

So i think that this is just so random crap from the internet.

If anything Alexi does his vocals right. I was hurting my throat and voice trying to imitate Dani Filth, but when I started copying Alexi's style I didn't have that problem anymore. I can also go for extended periods of time with no reprecussions, unlike before.

Yeah, the Stockholm Knockout Live CD vocals sounded fine. He says 'Dude' and 'Hey man' and shit like that a lot more though. :\

No ever mentioned the fact that around the age of 26, a major change happens to the human voice. The inside area around the vocal chords (don't remember exactly what it's called) turns to bone and your voice matures. This is why you will never see an opera singer under the age of 26. This definitely has an effect on all aspects of vocalizing, even the death metal style.