Alexi throat condition - Change in his style of vocals?

Kattana said:
thanks do0d :lol: i know, i laughed at my own joke about the gore one lol, i think there should be a thread about parody names for song titles :kickass:

Haha yeah. Heartless_Name would be all over that, he did something like that already but I have no idea what thread it was in.

<-Warheart-> said:
Haha yeah. Heartless_Name would be all over that, he did something like that already but I have no idea what thread it was in.
heartless name is always making jokes rofl, about 5% of them are funny though, so its ok :lol:
ooh yeah, i remember that thread, wasnt he ripping lady laiho with them?

I agree. I think some of his posts are quite funny but he does try too hard sometimes but then again, he admits it.

<-Warheart-> said:
I agree. I think some of his posts are quite funny but he does try too hard sometimes but then again, he admits it.
its all good and well admitting it, but admitting it and not doing it again is a different thing :erk:

Well you can see a change from FTR to HCDR, his voice gets a little more like AYDY. In AYDY his vocals are a lot higher and he isnt really screaming as much. I saw them in concert at the Unholy Alliance tour, he was screaming pretty good but his voice was an octave higher then usual...

No ever mentioned the fact that around the age of 26, a major change happens to the human voice. The inside area around the vocal chords (don't remember exactly what it's called) turns to bone and your voice matures. This is why you will never see an opera singer under the age of 26. This definitely has an effect on all aspects of vocalizing, even the death metal style.

really? that's interesting. you think that's why james hetfield's (from metallica) voice changed so much? well, he did calm down a little and stop screaming and he also got a vocal coach or something like that too.

maybe its interesting.. at that place..

yesterday, i had a chat with jari from wintersun about his screaming technique... well he said he just tried and it hurt.. and he forced.. and forced.. and then it didnt hurt anymore.. well he said i shouldnt do tho :) and he said he's lucky that it isnt fucked up yet

hehe, you met Jari too, i met him, Teemu and Kai on Friday, November 10th.... :)

met Amon Amarth too

I think that Alexi's vocal style has started to lean more towards singing and less towards screaming. In songs like Hate Crew Deathroll, he basically sings the chorus, especially live. Who knows if it has to do with his throat or if he chose to do it. Things could be way worse, he could blow out his vocal chords like the Avenged Sevenfold guy, then he wouldn't be able to sing or scream (just like Matt Shadows, who used to sing and scream great).

His voice has clearly fucked up!!!!!! The best vocals were in S.W. I don't like Hatebreeder cos he is screaming like a cat, F.T.R is a bit better. But HCDR's fuckin suck.