Alexi's gear/rigs are up for auction

Here's the vid. The link was in the comments of the auction. Alexi throws his guitar into the audience at about 4:13 mark.

I tried looking through the comments, but couldn't find it :D Thanks!

A funny thing about Villu's interview is that when he asked Alexi years later how many guitars he's thrown in the crowd, Alexi said "none" :D

That’s just one hell of an end of concert giveaway!
Here you go mf take this 4500€ guitar :rofl:

Honestly I’m mad jelly of the guys who can swing it and just buy Alexis old stuff, or just given it.

Some day I’ll have the dough to fork out on another ESP custom, without selling an organ or taking out a second mortgage. When I do, I’ll probably not get an Alexi model. They sit/look weird on tall fat guys. I’ll get an M-II or Horizon-I in rusty iron.

I'll be honest. Never ever liked the greeny. So that's not a big loss. And even if it's Laiho's, I wouldn't spend 10k for this one...
Nothing against the greeny, but if I were to put 10k into a guitar I'd order a custom and put my own name on it. Having someone else's name on my guitar would just feel strange, even if that someone has had a great deal of influence on both what I listen to and what I write and play myself.

Esp Horizon for the win!

Used to think the same, but I just parted ways with my 2007 ESP Horizon FR-II (sold for twice the value I bought it, 7 years after I bought it lol). Instead, I got myself my first Ibanez. An Ibanez Prestige RGD2120z mounted with DiMarzio Titans. And this guitar is a beast. Maybe I had gotten too used to the ol' ESP, but I feel like my playing's improved like crazy in the past few months. Everything feels easier to play and sounds better on the Ibanez.

*PS: I bought the ESP Horizon FR-II in 2016. It had been my dream guitar ever since I picked up the guitar and I've only ever owned ESP or LTD guitars. So I am really not biased saying this about Ibanez. Had you told my 18yo self that I'd sell an ESP Horizon for an Ibanez, I'd have laughed at your face. But now, I only regret not doing it sooner!*

Used to think the same, but I just parted ways with my 2007 ESP Horizon FR-II (sold for twice the value I bought it, 7 years after I bought it lol). Instead, I got myself my first Ibanez. An Ibanez Prestige RGD2120z mounted with DiMarzio Titans. And this guitar is a beast. Maybe I had gotten too used to the ol' ESP, but I feel like my playing's improved like crazy in the past few months. Everything feels easier to play and sounds better on the Ibanez.

*PS: I bought the ESP Horizon FR-II in 2016. It had been my dream guitar ever since I picked up the guitar and I've only ever owned ESP or LTD guitars. So I am really not biased saying this about Ibanez. Had you told my 18yo self that I'd sell an ESP Horizon for an Ibanez, I'd have laughed at your face. But now, I only regret not doing it sooner!*

Two each their own I guess :)
I love the classic looks Ibanezes can have, and their innovative ways. The AZs are appealing to me. They look “grown up” but can shred. I did own a 2550Z Prestige for some years, and it was hella good.
But in my earlier endeavours of life I’ve had a left forearm fracture when I was 16 and then I fractured my left thumb when I was 22. As a result I can’t play the super skinny and flat necks that are typical to Ibanez without some strain and pain after a while playing.
I might try and find an ESP Vintage plus or 400/800 series, for a really cool sleeper, at some point.

They are different things. I own two ESP Horizons and there are differences even between those two. I also own an Ibanez Prestige and I love them all but they are different. The Ibanez is like a precision engineers tool, the Horizon is like a weapon of mass destruction :D
The thinner neck and the greater fretboard radius is what makes it feel faster. What you describe above I can totally relate to though. Whenever I pick up the Prestige after playing the ESP I feel like I've been playing with the "handbrake" on. However, after I get used to the Prestige and pick up the ESP I feel the same lol. I guess it's the power of "something fresh and new" that makes me feel that way.

It was up for 5.400€ but it has some problems with the automated windows (they were stuck) and some other small problems too, so definitely not in the best shape. English site: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/cadillac/de-ville/13690196 (still need translator for the description though)

right_mark_green.png
" Sold through Nettiauto"​

Reactions: COB-666
In the FB Group Bodom Gear Collection & Sales there are pictures of the Cadillac. Its already sold, to the same guy who bought Alexi's amp stack. It also included some goodies such as a bracelet of his and picks (and the half eaten chocolate bars that were in the car :p ). Got shivers when I saw it. Wow. I Miss him.

Reactions: COB-666