Alexi's gear/rigs are up for auction

You "stood up" against me on a forum dude. If that's all you've got to brag about, you've still got a long way to go in life.

Of course Metallica aren't heavy, that's never the point I made. I said that the majority of the people would find them already too heavy for their taste, making bands like Bodom really niche.

But anyway, not much room for debating with someone like you. "Cry", "Little kid", straight out of the League of Legends handbook-to-arguments. So I assume you're either a man child or a 19-something teenager. Either of which, this kind of berating is sort of silly coming from someone like you.

[Edit:] Oh, and Herman Li's a joke amongst guitarist. Same as Lars Ulrich is for drummers (since you care so much about Metallica jokes, I'm sure you're familiar with this), not capable of playing his own songs live.

I don't play video games btw. I just find you silly. You wanted attention by changing the subject of this whole topic. Then you say how other artists are not genuine, but those are people who knew Alexi because they played together with him on many tours. That is why I say you know nothing about this, because you actually are just a guy random finding some youtube clips of Alexi playing badly live when he was already ill and dying. Wow. No wonder. If you would have been on one of Amy Winehouse's last gigs you would think otherwise of Alexi's last few years :rofl:

And then you say someone who worked so hard to be successful in music is a joke. And who are you, where are your greatest musical hits? No no, you just wanted attention and you are the one who wanted more clicks, but then you blame it on others.

@CharIie see what happens when you call us, reasonable people, blind fanboys? The real one shows up :lol:

I am not a fanboy, I was just on several live shows of COB. I remember seeing him fuck up KTS solo (of course), Black Widow solo and Children of Decadence sounded like shit but they played it too fast as well. That's 3 songs on two gigs, and overall the dude had it and he was better than all of these youtube guitarists. Anyone can record 67 times and nail it one time and then present to the public how he is awesome.

Guthrie is amazing, I just never liked such type of music. But he has a band and he played live many times, so he isn't a bedroom player at all. He played with Hans Zimmer for god's sake!

To be fair, I've seen Wintersun several times and I've never seen Teemu miss a note. Just saying. No disrespect to him, but I still don't like his music as much as Alexi's.

Also, it's pretty hard to convince anyone you're not a fanboy when your profile picture is literally Alexi and you're in here blowing up this thread with double posts lol.

One thing I never understood, why COB insisted on playing songs faster in concert. If your lead guitar player struggles as it is, speeding things up isn't going to help. It's pretty uncommon, too, most bands don't play faster live.

I don't play video games btw. I just find you silly. You wanted attention by changing the subject of this whole topic. Then you say how other artists are not genuine, but those are people who knew Alexi because they played together with him on many tours. That is why I say you know nothing about this, because you actually are just a guy random finding some youtube clips of Alexi playing badly live when he was already ill and dying. Wow. No wonder. If you would have been on one of Amy Winehouse's last gigs you would think otherwise of Alexi's last few years :rofl:

And then you say someone who worked so hard to be successful in music is a joke. And who are you, where are your greatest musical hits? No no, you just wanted attention and you are the one who wanted more clicks, but then you blame it on others.

"A random guy finding some youtube clips of Alexi playing badly" lol again. Been to their concert a dozen times, played with him at 100Guitarsfromhel, owned a Laiho signature ESP and covered many of Bodom's songs. I know what I am talking about when I say that Laiho's playing was sloppy. It's not based on a few bad concerts on Youtube (it's actually harder to find good ones). But you still probably won't understand that.

As for personal accomplishments, they are not necessarily musical. I've accomplished a great deal of great things in my life, so don't you worry about me mate ;) Just reflect and focus on your own accomplishments, that should keep you busy enough for some time.

"A random guy finding some youtube clips of Alexi playing badly" lol again. Been to their concert a dozen times, played with him at 100Guitarsfromhel, owned a Laiho signature ESP and covered many of Bodom's songs.

Owned a Laiho signature and played on 100guitars :rofl: who is fanboy now? Ahahahah

You just wish you had his fame and you are sad someone like you could never do it.

Wow you accomplished great things in life. Like, what arguing with me?

I like how all of you are forum gurus slandering on Alexi and then in real life you were all buying guitars, going on meets and greets, buying every cob shirt they ever made. And if you met him in person you were kissing his ass.

But then I am a fanboy because of a photo ahahaha. I am pretty sure Arcane has his photo too but he is a normal guy unlike you sad beings.

Now let's conclude this. Charlie, You idiot said that Alexi wasn't the best guitarist, he is like an average? What is best mate? You see, I have been playing music for over 20 years and I went to school for it and they taught us that music isn't a competition. There is no best. Only different tastes. Someone who is faster isn't better. The sloppiness you talk about comes from times when he didn't even practice anymore, right hand, vibrato, blabla. I know all of that. Considering how he didn't practice he was still better than shitload of those who practice whole day every day. But what does this matter in a thread about selling his amps and pedals? Why didn't you make a thread how Alexi sucks when you came home from 100guitarsfromHel?
In the last post you have proven to be a much bigger fanboy than me. But now since Alexi passed it is uncool to be one, so I don't know. Do you want a praise because you steered this whole topic from selling Alexi's gear into "Alexi sucked but I realized this only now because he is dead"?

Then I never said his playing wasn't sloppy, but good musicians always come up with something. They can improvise and the majority of audience won't hear difference. But I know for a fact he had his own demons and guitar wasn't all there was in his life, as he achieved everything so young. I have seen so many people much more talented than me just give up out of boredom because it is too easy for them.
I have seen Teemu miss a note :rofl: like you sad beings think that there is some robot who never misses notes. You can't compare Teemu who plays live every leap year. If you practice at home for 4 years you better be ready for a show. When the longest break between shows is one month, well, it can't be the same.

But in the end all of them have their own demons. Look at Yngwie now, fat old and sad. Who knows how often he plays guitar. So does he suck too? I just don't get it. I can say I like or dislike some music, but I never slack off people who achieved more than me on some internet pages just to get likes. That is why you guys suck. Because instead of looking at your own yard, you just bitch around others, and then ask someone here, we all know who, for TABS :rofl:

I'm a fanboy? No shit Sherlock! I have literally been saying that DESPITE being a fanboy, I'm not blinded by my love for Laiho and Bodom and I can admit that his playing wasn't great (unlike his composition, which was divine). Something that you obviously cannot do. You let your fandom cloud your judgement.

I don't know what kind of crappy musical school you went to if you were told there are no competition in music. Music has almost always been about out-doing your predecessors. Heck. Paganini, Beethoven, Ole Bull, or more recent musicians such as Nikolai Lugansky have been masters of their craft at their time in history, surpassed by none of their contemporaries. So how can you say that there is no "best"... I am seriously wondering what kind of musician you are...

Also, on a side note, I was more talking about professional/personal accomplishments, rather than this silly argument. And on yet another side note make and contribute my own TABS ;)

Yeah you are blinded by hate :D it wasn't a crappy school, it gave me a chance to learn and play more than few instruments, understand theory, read sheet music, know harmony etc. It is people like you that made me realize metal sucks, not because of artists but fans. So called "Guitar police" that cares only about notes per bpm. The point of music is to make a person feel certain emotions, and the only competition you have is with yourself. You don't play only for nerds of that instrument, but for people who don't know anything about music as well. That is why Dream Theater for example has fans consisted of nerds, while the majority doesn't care about them at all. There is no best because there is no criteria what best means? For some Dream Theater is the best. For others it is the most boring lullaby music they ever heard.

"Hate" you say? What hatred? For whom/what? You really make no sense whatsoever...

Also, since when do I care only about notes per minute? You have a preconceived idea of me, but boy are you wrong. Some of my musician include Rimsky-korsakov, Jeff Beck, Bela Bartok, Agnes Obel, etc. And they would most definitely not qualify as "fastest" musicians. Sure, I like metal too, but it's really got nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. But obviously, you're not making any effort to understand and you need to make things up in order to keep this argument going. That's simply pathetic mate.

:D no he won't give up, it's his thread

Dude the hate was joke, that is why I put a smiley :D it's just easy to trigger you :rofl:

I listen to classical music as well, but I'd say artists like Paganini or Mozart competed with themselves, to compose and play something very hard. Not with others. You can't make a Mozart vs Beethoven it is ridiculous :rofl:

I see this as immature, music is not sports.

And it is interesting to note that Bodom's most popular songs are slow ones, or should I say, the easier ones to play. Angel's Don't Kill, Every Time I Die, Punch me I Bleed, Hecate's Nightmare, etc. I mean people care for content more than shred-off. Stuff like Shovel Knockout got easily forgotten even though it is far more fun for playing. Majority of people don't care about guitar antics.

There are guys like Zakk Wylde, he really was influencing a lot new players back in the day. But he got old, he plays same old licks and it's boring. But I bet he achieved what he could and doesn't practice anymore and lives his life differently. And that doesn't make him less of an influence, because it brought up a new generations of amazing players. Same with Yngwie.

To be fair, I've seen Wintersun several times and I've never seen Teemu miss a note. Just saying. No disrespect to him, but I still don't like his music as much as Alexi's.

Also, it's pretty hard to convince anyone you're not a fanboy when your profile picture is literally Alexi and you're in here blowing up this thread with double posts lol.

Teemu hasent wrote much music. Some imperanon stuff, not much, and an album with a chick on vocals, that wasnt any good.

One thing I never understood, why COB insisted on playing songs faster in concert. If your lead guitar player struggles as it is, speeding things up isn't going to help. It's pretty uncommon, too, most bands don't play faster live.
I don't think that was always intentional. If you've had faster songs in the setlist before and you're in "the groove", then someone starts to stay in the tempo and the rest join in. Once you start, you can't change the tempo.
I notice this myself when I have played 1-2 faster songs and then (without a backing track) automatically play another song faster. You only notice it when you play over a backing track.
But some songs actually sound better a bit faster (AYDY). Whereas some sound better when played a little slower (like ETID).

To be fair, I've seen Wintersun several times and I've never seen Teemu miss a note.
Because Teemu is a full-blooded guitarist who neither sings on the side, nor writes songs, is on tour so often, etc... all the stuff I wrote above before.
Roope had hardly played wrong either. Or Daniel. Both were technically better players on stage than Alexi.

I am pretty sure Arcane has his photo too
This is my first Alexi pic in all those years I'm active here and the reason I went with this picture was because, on January 4, I just needed something that stood out a bit from the Alexi death picture - that everyone was using on Instagram.

Reactions: Works0fheart
Where is this one from appeared now?
Reportedly Alexi threw the guitar into the crowd and some guy called Villu from Estonia caught it. The guy who's selling it now bought it from Villu 2,5 months ago (Strange that he's selling it so soon). He has a screenshot of Musamaailma's comment that based on the serial number, the guitar arrived in Musamaailma's shop in 2012, and was probably sent straight to Alexi. He says he has a video of Alexi throwing the guitar into the crowd, but I don't see a link to it anywhere. This throwing reportedly happened in Tallinn in 2013.

Villu's story about how he got the guitar: https://sky.ee/rockfm/poorane-vedam...mas-ainulaadse-alexi-laihole-kuulunud-kitarri It's in Estonian but Google can help with that.

Reactions: Zman and COB-666
Reportedly Alexi threw the guitar into the crowd and some guy called Villu from Estonia caught it. The guy who's selling it now bought it from Villu 2,5 months ago (Strange that he's selling it so soon). He has a screenshot of Musamaailma's comment that based on the serial number, the guitar arrived in Musamaailma's shop in 2012, and was probably sent straight to Alexi. He says he has a video of Alexi throwing the guitar into the crowd, but I don't see a link to it anywhere. This throwing reportedly happened in Tallinn in 2013.

Villu's story about how he got the guitar: https://sky.ee/rockfm/poorane-vedam...mas-ainulaadse-alexi-laihole-kuulunud-kitarri It's in Estonian but Google can help with that.

Here's the vid. The link was in the comments of the auction. Alexi throws his guitar into the audience at about 4:13 mark.