Alice Cooper Tour ...from Daily Tele today

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
Alice Cooper to tour

March 7, 2005

HEAVY metal rocker Alice Cooper will tour Australia in June.

The US singer will take in a series of intimate shows, starting in Newcastle on June 21.

He will then perform dates in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

Cooper is known for shocking audiences with gruesome concert performances featuring acts such as guillotines simulating lopping off heads, mock hangings and infant dolls gushing blood.

The 57-year-old last toured Australia in 2001 and has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide over his career.

He is considered one of the most outrageous performers in the world, having risen to fame in the 1970s with albums including School's Out and the 1975 classic Welcome to My Nightmare.

:headbang: :headbang:

Still no sign on Ticketek's website about it. Hopefully soon. I might even go this time, even though I've never been much of an Alice fan outside of a couple of songs.

He had Paul Rodgers as his support act on his last tour, didn't he? In hindsight (considering I wasn't a fan of either act back then) I wish I'd gone... but then I probably wouldn't have gotten much out of it. But it'd be cool if they toured together this time around. :)

Who was Billy Thorpe supporting not all that long ago? I can't rightly remember. Deep Purple?

I'm gonna go, even though I know hardly any Alice stuff. Might have to get me a few albums, or just a greatest hits one. Yeah, cheaper that way.

Seems like everyone is gonna be in Europe while this tour is on, Me, Blitzy, LT, Cold Ethyl (though he didn't mention where he was going....

I'll be there with bells on. It will be interesting to see him at a place like the Palais, where I've not been before.

That's a bugger for you, Cold Ethyl, Cold Cold Ethyl. :(

Alice was great last time, so I'm expecting big things again. There are a few greatest hits type albums of his around, Spiffo. A Fistful of Alice is a really good live album, which would give you a good range of his stuff (up to '97) too.