Alice Cooper

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
Jesika and I went to see Alice cooper Tuesday Night And wow what an awsome show Alice has lost nothing with age he kicked our ass :) He opened the show with the heaviest version of hello hooray I have ever heard and fter that I dont remember to much because I went into Rabid fan mode :p But one part I do remember very well Was Eric Singers Drum solo Simply Awsome Eric is one of the best drummers out there today what a show if you get a chance to catch Alice do it you wont be dissapointed

I saw Eric Singer with Kiss in 2001 and he is AWESOME live! :headbang: Alot of people were saying they were ripped off that Peter didn't come to Australia for that tour, I was thrilled that I got to see Eric instead of Peter!

The Trooper said:
I saw Eric Singer with Kiss in 2001 and he is AWESOME live! :headbang: Alot of people were saying they were ripped off that Peter didn't come to Australia for that tour, I was thrilled that I got to see Eric instead of Peter!

:p I knew this one would catch your eye Eric is way better that peter he blew me away absolutely awinspiring I never realized how good he was till the other night He played every song perfectly and made it look effortless awsome just awsome

Paul Stanley and Alice Cooper have both said before that Eric is "a monster" on the drums. Thats the best way to describe him I think! He rules! :)

How fucking awesome was it when Eric D and Ryan got up on the drum platform during Eric S' solo and did that crazy shit with the toms?!!! That was the coolest fucking thing I'd ever seen!!! If only I'd thought to get pictures of that part! I was too enthralled to think about it, though. How awesome were Ryan's guitars?! I especially loved the sparkle leopard-print flying v!! Like he says "All that glitters.... belongs on my guitar" :D

We so totally have to catch Cooper & Co. again, VERY soon!! :headbang:

Deconstruction said:
How fucking awesome was it when Eric D and Ryan got up on the drum platform during Eric S' solo and did that crazy shit with the toms?!!! That was the coolest fucking thing I'd ever seen!!! If only I'd thought to get pictures of that part! I was too enthralled to think about it, though. How awesome were Ryan's guitars?! I especially loved the sparkle leopard-print flying v!! Like he says "All that glitters.... belongs on my guitar" :D

We so totally have to catch Cooper & Co. again, VERY soon!! :headbang:

:) Just the sound of thunder those 3 guys made was incredible Awsome shit And yes Ryan had some Awsome fucking guitars ....... When they did Ballad of Dwight Fry I almost Cremed myself I love that song :p ah hell what am I saying after the first 3 chords of Hello Hooray I was in Pysco Fan Land :)

The Trooper said:
Paul Stanley and Alice Cooper have both said before that Eric is "a monster" on the drums. Thats the best way to describe him I think! He rules! :)

Yes the guy Is absolutely Unbelievable I really enjoyed watching him play he was only like 10 feet away So I really got to see him work Oh yeah and Alice ROCKED too :)

Yeah Eric RULES on Alive III/Konfidential! :headbang: That's my favourite Kiss live album. I wish I had seen Kiss on the Revenge tour :( They actually came to Australia in 1995 on their "Kiss My Ass Downunder" tour or whatever they called it.... with Bruce and Eric and they used the Hot In The Shade stageshow with the sphynx and lasers I think, but I didn't go :( I was only 12 at the time and not much of a Kiss fan yet. I really really regret not seeing that tour. Also Australia was apparently the only country where the strippers during Take It Off were actually allowed to "take it off"!

The Trooper said:
Yeah Eric RULES on Alive III/Konfidential! !:headbang: That's my favourite Kiss live album. I wish I had seen Kiss on the Revenge tour :( They actually came to Australia in 1995 on their "Kiss My Ass Downunder" tour or whatever they called it.... with Bruce and Eric and they used the Hot In The Shade stageshow with the sphynx and lasers I think, but I didn't go :( I was only 12 at the time and not much of a Kiss fan yet. I really really regret not seeing that tour. Also Australia was apparently the only country where the strippers during Take It Off were actually allowed to "take it off"!
Ahhhhhh, they didn't have the strippers in Portland, OR.
Even if they did I doubt they would have "taken it all off."
That tour was killer, a great mix of new & old material. And like I said before, that was my favorite KISS line up!

Yep my 2 favourite Kiss lineups were Paul, Gene, Vinnie and Carr... and Paul, Gene, Bruce and Singer :)

I think Kiss were certainly at their peak in the early '90s as a live band.

Hahaha we sure do :) There are a couple of awesome tribute bands here, especially one called Kissteria from Sydney who tour Melbourne alot (they have an Eric Carr on drums! And wear the Unmasked tour costumes) and their setlist is always awesome. I saw them last week for about the 5th time and they played for 2 and half hours again (about 24 songs!) and even did stuff like "The Oath" and "War Machine"! Those songs always get the best crowd reaction too, especially War Machine!

I wanna start a Creatures era tribute band with an Eric and a Vinnie and the Creatures costumes! And play a setlist of mainly 82-92 era stuff with a few of the heavier classics from the '70s mixed in :) That'd be awesome!

You guys are speaking my language! I haven't seen Cooper live (yet, dammit!) But I'm just digging all the Eric Singer props and the KISS posts! I can say COOPER puts on a great haunted house!!! Last year Six Flags' Kentucky Kingdom featured "ALICE COOPER'S BRUTAL PLANET" and it was just insane! Not for kids! You had to be at least 16 to enter. As you waited in line girls decked out in leather bikinis with whips (seriously!) danced on platforms as Brutal Planet played and guys in straight jackets walked up and down the line scaring the ladies. (my wife) The haunted house was the greatest thing ever and Brutal Planet songs BLASTED all the way through. I'll admit that I even got a little scared as you went through a part so dark that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. You basically had to feel along the wall to find your way out and all the sudden "hands" would grab back at you. CRAZY! I couldn't believe they actually featured it at Six Flags and not somewhere more isolated.

Anyways, back to Eric Singer. I gotta say he rocks. My favorite KISS lineup is actually Creatures/Lick It Up era w/ Vinnie and Eric Carr but the albums done with Kulick and Singer together crush, too! I love Revenge and Carnival of Souls. Carnival of Souls is like Motley Crue w/ Corabi. Not a great "KISS" record, but a great ROCK record! Sounds like KISS doing Alice In Chains.....but good nonetheless. If you think about it, EVERY band Singer's been in has been great!
BADLANDS
KISS
ESP
COOPER
etc. etc. etc.
Didn't he even play with Lita Ford at one time?

Yep he was with Lita Ford, also with Black Sabbath on the Seventh Star and Eternal Idol albums!

That Alice show sounds great dude! :)

The Creatures/Lick It Up lineup was my fave too coz I love Vinnie (see my avatar! That's me in his makeup the day of the Kiss Symphony haha, only 2 people there went as Vinnie!) and Creatures/Lick It Up are my 2 fave Kiss albums!

If I had to choose any Kiss tour to see live though it'd be the Revenge tour... followed by the Lick It Up tour.