Alice Cooper

Cooperman

...to the rescue!!!
Apr 13, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.scourge-band.com
I have to admit I haven't heard a lot of Alice Cooper over the years, but when I heard Jimmy DeGrasso was filling in on drums for just the Aust tour I had some money so I thought what the hell!

Well the show is tonight... and I bought my ticket at lunch time today. At band practice yesterday I met a guy in another band who ended up giving me a flyer that got me 15% off the ticket price which is cool to start with. Then when I got to the ticket place to buy my ticket, the lady is looking through the seats available and she goes "you want just one ticket right?". I reply "Yeah". She says "Well you aren't gonna believe this but I think some new tickets have just been added... I can get you 4 rows from the stage". Needless to say I took it! 4 rows from the stage for $70!! Damn that's good!

Anyway, I'll let you know tomorrow what it was like.

Well that was a kick ass show!!!! Anyone who's thinking about going I highly recommend it. As I said above I'm not a particularly huge Alice Cooper fan but I enjoyed it immensely!! Plus Jimmy does a great drum solo :D

...and if anyone wants to meet Jimmy, all you gotta do is hang out at the stage door before the show in a Deth shirt. Wait for him to arrive, and he'll come over and say hi - he was actually the only band member that did come over. I dunno what Alice thought... hehe

You're one lucky bugger Coops! I'll be at the Melbourne show on Friday, but not quite as close as that, although my seat is pretty good. I'll do my best with meeting Jimmy. The mate I'm going with is a huge Megadeth fan, so he'd be up for it. Did you take any photos?

Only one more day till I can see Alice! Fuck I've been waiting since 1989. I was thinking of hitching to Adelaide for that show, but wouldn't be able to make it back to Melb in time for the one here.

I am going to Alice in Sydney this Saturday.
Should be cool. I have pretty good seats.
Not a huge AC fan, but like the music, and am pumped for the gig!
I love the tribute to Alice cd with Bruce/Dio/Glenn Hughes, so it will be interesting to see if Alice stands up with those guys!

How long do the Screaming Jets and Paul Rodgers play for?
I love the Jets!!

Hey Coops, any idea what the setlist was? I saw one that was supposedly for his Oz tour, but it seemed a tad short. It didn't list Poison or School's Out for starters. Did he play those songs?

Tomorrow night - woohoo!!! :D

Sprucey... I missed most of Paul Rodgers because I was still outside when he was on... but I'd guess maybe an hour?? Screaming Jet's didn't play... but they might just be doing the eastern states shows or something??

As far as the setlist goes I'm not much help as I'm not really a follower of Alice's work... apparently they played a few from Brutal Planet early on in the set... they did play Poison and Schools Out... others I recognised were Feed My Frankenstein, No More Mr Nice Guy, I'm 18, Only Women Bleed and a cover of My Generation

Saw Alice tonight and it was fucking great! The setlist was probably the same as your one......included all those you mentioned. Lucky Brutal Planet is such a fab album. Funniest part was when he beat up Britney Spears! Now I doon't have to fly to Arizona to see the great man, though I may do so anyway in the next few years.

Was also great to see Jimmy again (saw him with ST in 95). Nice drum solo!