Alice In Chains "Would?" fet. Phil Anselmo on vocals

Damageplan didn't really do it for me either. I liked it but, just seemed to be missing something.

I heard Vinnie hates Phils guts and won't talk to him, because before Dime died he was talking shit and saying things like you deserve to die etc.. Then Phil tried to start like 10 shitty side project bands that failed like Viking Crown,(Phils black metal what a joke) and realized he was a nobody without Pantera. Now Phil is staying with Down because its his 2nd most succesful band.

Not my favorite band by any means but, I like Superjoint nonetheless. As far as wishing death on Phil, grow up. I agree with Sue that nobody should have died.

Nobody should ever die. :saint: :rolleyes:

Who gives a fuck...he blows nuts at the Nutbush without Pantera...but Damageplan blows equally.

The only Pantera album I really like is Great Southern...

I like Down a lot but otherwise: meh.

On a sidenote:
I must say that the marines train their people pretty good, he was psyched out and still got to wast a bunch of people before that cop nailed him. How´s that for macho?

I heard Vinnie hates Phils guts and won't talk to him, because before Dime died he was talking shit and saying things like you deserve to die etc.. Then Phil tried to start like 10 shitty side project bands that failed like Viking Crown,(Phils black metal what a joke) and realized he was a nobody without Pantera. Now Phil is staying with Down because its his 2nd most succesful band.

Phil said Dime needed a beatdown.
i heard Dime and Vinnie both talk plenty of crap about Phil, too, though.

everything that went on between those two camps was mutual. when Dime was killed, Phil wanted to bury the hatchet but Vinnie wouldnt allow it, so at this point, Phil has the moral high ground, as far as i'm concerned.

How the hell was it mutual? why do you think they started Damageplan( to end Pantera) they had a new frontman, a new band, and record contract. Dime and Vinnie said they would never work with Phil again right before the murder, they hated Phil to death befor Dec 8, 2004 and still does. Pantera would of never broke up if it wasn't for Phil and his desires to start crappy bands like Superjoint. If Pantera never broke up Dime would probably still be alive because they wouldn't be playing little shitty clubs like the Alrosa.

How the hell was it mutual? why do you think they started Damageplan( to end Pantera) they had a new frontman, a new band, and record contract. Dime and Vinnie said they would never work with Phil again right before the murder, they hated Phil to death befor Dec 8, 2004 and still does. Pantera would of never broke up if it wasn't for Phil and his desires to start crappy bands like Superjoint. If Pantera never broke up Dime would probably still be alive because they wouldn't be playing little shitty clubs like the Alrosa.

So, you're blaming Dime's death on the break up of Pantera?!...so, people can never disagree or part ways because they may be shot by a fucking maniac...give me a fucking break!...that's pathetic!

No its just a interesting theory or another way to look at things, Vinnie on the other hand believes(according to interviews) that the things Phil said in interviews within the metal media could of helped fuel the fire for this guy to go out and murder Dimebag.

Pantera would of never broke up if it wasn't for Phil and his desires to start crappy bands like Superjoint.
Ok that is an incorrect stamement if I ever read one. If Pantera's breakup was caused by Phil's side projects, then why didn't Pantera break up in the early 90's, when Down was formed? You can see Phil wearing a Down shirt in the "This Love" video, and that was during the time Pantera was really starting to get big.

it was mutual because both camps were throwing shots out at each other. nobody tried to be the bigger person and defuse the situation by not acting like a spoiled child, throwing a temper tantrum.

both sides talked a lot of crap. nobody kept their cool towards the other.

when it was said and done, Phil is the one that took it hard and showed a true, human heart and wanted to show his respects.
Vinnie and those that surrounded Dime held on to the grudge and acted like jackasses.

i back Phil in this, all the way. he shouldnt have talked all the crap he talked, but at least he made the attempt to make amends.

i've read interviews with Vinnie since it all went down... recent interviews... and as far as i'm concerned, Vinnie and that gold digger that Dime was involved with for so long are both a couple of pieces of dog crap.

Here is some of the interviews some of the stuff Sue is talking about, and the answer for Oblivious as well.

Vinnie: "If Dime was his friend, why wouldn't he take his phone calls? How could he piss on the dude the way he did? How could he say what he said about my brother in magazines?" [Notably, in U.K. hard rock magazine Metal Hammer, Anselmo said of Dime, "Physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely." See here.]

Revolver: Anselmo insists he was misquoted.

Vinnie: "He said it word-for-fucking-word. He was not coerced, and the kind of shit he said is the kind of shit that might incite the guy that did this [killed Dime]. Phil called me when he was trying to get into the funeral and left me a message that said, 'I can prove to you I didn't do that interview.' I got the fucking audio files, man. Anyone that wants to hear them, I'll be happy to play them for you. So he ought to feel really fuckin' guilty any way you slice it. And as far as him calling Dime 'my guitar player' [in the February 2006 issue of Revolver — see here], that's how Phil thinks. Everything is his. I could elaborate for a long time. The dude did exactly what I thought he would do, and that's lie about everything."

Revolver: Do you think the press started the rivalrly between you guys and Phil?

Vinnie: "Man, Phil likes to blame the heavy metal media for breaking up PANTERA. I've never felt betrayed by the media in any interview I've done. They've printed what I've said word for word, verbatim, and I never felt like they were out to get me or anything. He did his interviews, he said what he said, and all they did is write what he said. If he really wants to place any blame, he needs to look in a mirror."

VS

On Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul's claim that Philip left PANTERA without telling them he was leaving:

Phil:"Well, they have phones as well. And they weren't communicating with me. Their way of communication was through, so they would send their errand girl to call me up and see where my head was at. Now that was pretty offensive, so I didn't play that game, and time passed. And I don't let time pass, I have to do something, I can't sit on my ass and just do nothing, I have to do something, and it must be musical. When I don't use my gift I become defunct and I become clumsy and I become useless. It's a terrible feeling to be that vulnerable.

Phil:"When you use your gift, you're on top of the world. You feel worth something, you know? You feel that you've done something, and you have, you've created. I've done that with many, many, many bands on my own time, and I was always there whenever PANTERA called to do the next record, the next tour, whatever it took, and I was always 100% there."

On what went wrong with PANTERA:

Phil:"Through devotion to and scheduling with PANTERA, a lot of things got pushed to the side — and the incarnation of other great bands like DOWN which I was part of took a lot of time and whatnot. Everything has its turn, and when it was SUPERJOINT RITUAL's turn, I felt at the time that PANTERA had done its greatest tour we'd ever done, which was with SLAYER and MORBID ANGEL in the United States. We were in Ireland when the 9/11 terrorist attacks took place in New York. We were stuck there for seven or eight days and the tour was called off because of the turbulence. After that it seemed there was a great… distancing.

"I think, more or less, it lies between Dimebag and I. There was never a point when he could not get drunk. Which was pretty much every day. And now I'm hearing it's worse than ever.

Phil:"He would attack me, vocally. And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a fuckin' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapor — his chin would, at least, if I fuckin' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely.

Phil:"But of course, that's criminal and I won't do such a thing… Really, I just let him prattle on. I grew very tired of it very quickly, and whenever it came up, like it has come up today, I just chose to wish them the best of luck. And in all honesty I really wish that they would be men, which is very hard for them, figuring that they were living in their mother's house until they're 30 years old. In comparison, I was on the street by choice at the age of 15, living anywhere I could — but living, and successfully living, through my will."

On what it was that caused his friendship with Dimebag Darrell to turn sour:

Phil:"I think that there's a lot inside of Darrell… from what I've seen of Dimebag in the past, he had some great tragedy in his family, and of course that's Vinnie's family as well. I don't think that they were ever given or ever allowed time to really heal from that. The anger and the hatred and the drunken nights of just screaming in my face, with me sitting there taking it and holding both of my hands just to not hit the guy… I grew weary of that. I was sick of being his whipping post, y'know, and I just politely, or unpolitely, excused myself.

Phil:"I think I proved clearly to everybody what I was in PANTERA! And what I was was a unique, unbelievably magnetic frontman that had not been around since the days of Robert Plant and Ozzy Osbourne. I am one in a million. . . I have staying power! I have a devoted following that would do anything for me! Anything that I say. And there's not many people that can say that, that are in my position.

Phil:"As far as their product that they put out [referring to DAMAGEPLAN — Ed.], our product that they put out, it was obvious that I was very much involved with arranging the songs, I was very much involved with the integrity of the songs. . . The integrity and the moulding of the songs, the creating, the putting together of the song. Y'know, it was my job to do the sequencing for the record, it was my job to lyrically stun the audience. And I think they failed on every account. And the world speaks for it."

Phil:"When you see a group of guys that are not hungry any more… Honestly, between me and the world now, in my heart of hearts I believe it hurt them more not to receive the money that they were going to get — that we were all going to get — for putting out that record, than me leaving the band. They always feared me. They always were different than me. They always had their circle of friends and I had my circle of friends. Their jealousy level was incredible! Y'know, anyone that was close to me outside the band would be treated like fucking serfs or servants by the Abbott brothers. And y'know, that never… that never… never worked very well for me."

you ever forseeably see a PANTERA reunion? Not now, but if the time, and money was right, say, five years down the road, what do you say to that?

Dimebag Darrell: "No way. Not for the money, not for the time, not for nothing man. The fucking people gotta get over it. I'm not Nostradamus, I can't even tell ya what will happen tomorrow, and all that shit is definitely hypothetical. I'm not broke or anything, I'm not doing it for time or money — none of that fuckin' bullshit. Shit, I mean the way things went down were just so fuckin' sour."

SMNnews.com: I've read so much bullshit about someone saying this, and someone saying that, and I find it incredibly hard to believe that what I read is absolute truth. In 100% truth, reality, and honesty if you could send out a message to Phil [Anselmo, former PANTERA singer] and the fans that says what you want it to say, with the guarantee it will get press word for word and verbatim, what would it be?

Dimebag Darrell: "Yeah, man. I totally agree with ya on that bullshit thing, it's so true. But for a message… It would be, Vinnie Paul and Dime Darrel never ever, EVER turned our backs on the PANTERA fans, we planned on PANTERA lasting a lifetime and we were there 150% of the time. No side projects, nothing BUT PANTERA, every fuckin' day and night, and the other two dudes took it for granted and walked away, and left us in the cold, left us hangin', and left the fans hangin'. I ain't biting off at the other dudes, but just have the common courtesy to call us and my brother and tell us that you are trying to do bigger things than PANTERA or whatever, that you want to leave the band. The feelings were just no common courtesy, and I don't understand the whole fuckin' thing. Then I hear the bad-mouthin' that Phil is doing. I didn't do anything to the guy, man. And I hear he's falling asleep in interviews. You know man, it's just something you can't control. I'll tell ya, that's what I learnt 'bout hard dope — they're gone, they are never comin' back. That shit will ruin you. Some people stay the same, but man, most are just gone. That's the brutal reality of it. It's like a fuckin' wife going back on ya, but as far as mine and Vinnie's credibility, it hasn’t been scarred a bit. If the fans wanna hear a PANTERA song, we make them motherfuckers whole, we want them to know that we never left."