Alice in Hell vs. Never Neverland

Pick

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Annihilator vs Annihilator!

Been listening to Alice in Hell lately, and it still sounds so friggin' incredible. Jeff Waters was once an inspired demon who wrote some of the coolest riffs and leads. Even the acousitc intro, Alison Hell, sounds amazing.

Then again, Never Neverland has classics like Welcome to the Fun Palace and Stonewall. I liked PJ's review, but personally I would have given it a 9/10.

Also, rumours abound that Dave Mustaine will ask Jeff Waters to go on the next Megadeth tour....both very similar guitar styles, should be a good mix, but doubt it will ever happen.

Alice In Hell - I love just about every song on that album, where Neverland I can find I few I'm not so fond of

Dave and Jeff have been chattering as of late, but nothing is being confirmed. There was a rumour that Jeff has joined but was fastly told by Jeff himself that it was untrue "No one has asked and I ain't said "yes" to anything! " Dave I think is looking at few guitarist

So 5 people voted? I take it people haven't heard these two classics then? Once upon a time, Annihilator was a great band you know.

Papa - what are you smoking? How did you miss this thread?

Instead of a CD-R trading list, we need to start a thread for 'classics that we missed' or something to that effect. And then it is our civil duty to send out CD-Rs of those classics to enlighten those in the ways of the force.

Erik said:
My knowledge of Annihilator is non-existent, but I still enjoyed the live concert though the short-haired guys looked pretty wimpy.
The bit you don't get is that when they released their first two albums, they had long hair.

Seriously, you will LOVE the first album. I actually prefer Neverland, but knowing your tastes, you will probably drool over the debut like a schoolgirl having her first period.

JayKeeley said:
So 5 people voted? I take it people haven't heard these two classics then? Once upon a time, Annihilator was a great band you know.

Papa - what are you smoking? How did you miss this thread?
Some pretty good shit, except for too many seeds..

Annihilator are good, Set the World On Fire was kinda funny cuz' the singer on that album has a lisp...

JayKeeley said:
Remember the opening scene in Carrie when they're all in the showers? Hmmm naked school girls and tampon throwing.
STUFF IT UP! STUFF IT UP! HAhahaa, cunts. :loco:

Papa Josh said:
Annihilator are good, Set the World On Fire was kinda funny cuz' the singer on that album has a lisp...
He didn't have a lisp. It was one of those cases where they spent all the studio money, and had to go with the crappy microphone. The mic was so shit that the singer sounded like he had a lisp:tickled:

Johan Edlund of Tiamat had a lisp but I think he's worked it away recently. Listen to him say "necromancy" in "The Southernmost Voyage" though. Oh shit, forgot no-one but me appreciates any Tiamat other than "Wildhoney" here. :loco:

I am plagued with getting more Tiamat other than Wildhoney or Gaia. No shit, I've bid twice for their albums on the Bay of Jews and twice the sellers retracted. (Actually, I think one of them was halfjew). Still, I heard those songs on the last set of CD-Rs you sent over which made me wanna buy.

Erik - you haven't got these Annihilator albums yet? It's been almost a day.

Oh, I sent "A Deeper Kind of Slumber" songs. Well done of me. However, you need/want the pre-"Wildhoney" stuff too.

I don't have money for Annihilator or anything currently. The little money I have currently is going towards alcohol, food and heavy metal at Wacken.

Erik said:
I don't have money for Annihilator or anything currently. The little money I have currently is going towards alcohol, food and heavy metal at Wacken.
Nah, I was kidding. :tickled: Seriously, when I said "it's been a day", I was being sarcastic. I must have thought it was 1986 or something - you know, when people had to save up a bit of money, WALK/DRIVE to a record store, and hope that they have it in stock, etc. Damn this internet laziness. :loco:

Erik said:
Johan Edlund of Tiamat had a lisp but I think he's worked it away recently. Listen to him say "necromancy" in "The Southernmost Voyage" though. Oh shit, forgot no-one but me appreciates any Tiamat other than "Wildhoney" here. :loco:
I still have The Astral Sleep on cd, kinda grew out of Clouds though and sold it. Aside from that, the only TIAMAT I own is Wildhoney and A Deeper Kind Of Slumber.

They became very gay after that.....