ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
Jeff is on the very first track!!!

(From Annihilator Official Forum)

ANNIHILATOR NEWS: 02/19/07 -

Annihilator is considered by many to be the perfect example of an intelligent, sweaty, ever surprising metal act, having released a number of classics à la Alice In Hell, Never, Neverland, King Of The Kill, Carnival Diablos, Schizo Deluxe and others over the years. In April 2007, after a full year of writing and production, Annihilator will release Metal.

Metal’s ten new tracks were recorded by Jeff Waters (guitar, bass and lead vocals on one song), drum legend Mike Mangini and Dave Padden (long-time vocalist and touring guitarist/vocalist). Metal also features sensational performances by some of metal’s finest players and Annihilator’s good friends, like Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom), Danko Jones (Danko Jones), Michael Amott and Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy), Corey Beaulieu (Trivium), William Adler (Lamb Of God), Jeff Loomis (Nevermore), Jesper Strømblad (In Flames), Steve ´Lips` Kudlow (Anvil), Anders Bjørler (The Haunted), Mike Mangini (Steve Vai, Extreme, Annihilator), Jacob Lynam (Lynam) and more.

In view of these impressive omens, one should tend to believe Waters when he states: “Metal is going to be known as one of the coolest guitar albums out there but this is also one of the best-written records in my career; something that you can never achieve if you try… it just happens!”

Jeff Waters on the straightforward and unambiguous album title, Metal: “The new album reminds me of the first four Annihilator records. It’s then tempting to think that I’m looking back artistically, when the opposite happens to be the case. But it’s a fact that I composed the new material the same way I went about the early Annihilator tracks. This record combines many of the diverse styles you will find in metal music done our way. Annihilator Metal”

April will see Annihilator embark on a major European tour as Trivium’s very special guests, playing over 40 shows into June in countries such as Germany, England, Belgium, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Italy and France and then summer festival shows to follow.

Metal will be released April 11 in Japan (King Records), April 12 in Australia/New Zealand (World Riot Distributors), April 13 in Germany (SPV Records) and on April 16 in the rest of Europe (SPV Records).

TRACK LISTING:

1. Clown Parade – feat. Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
2. Couple Suicide – feat. Danko Jones (Danko Jones) & Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
3. Army Of One – feat. Steve ´Lips` Kudlow (Anvil)
4. Downright Dominate – feat. Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom)
5. Smothered – feat. Anders Bjørler (The Haunted)
6. Operation Annihilation – feat. Michael Amott (Arch Enemy)
7. Haunted – feat. Jesper Strømblad (In Flames)
8. Kicked – feat. Corey Beaulieu (Trivium)
9 . Detonation – feat. Jacob Lynam (Lynam)
10. Chasing The High – feat. William Adler (Lamb Of God)

I dont know enough about the band to have an opinion. I just know they have some song where this short haired guy was singing alll forrr youuuuuu and one of the lyrics was you grabbed me by the balls

I dont know enough about the band to have an opinion. I just know they have some song where this short haired guy was singing alll forrr youuuuuu and one of the lyrics was you grabbed me by the balls

Then you should definitely look for 'Alice in Hell' and 'Never, Neverland'.
:headbang:

'All for you' was ok, but cannot be compared to such classics...
(but the grabbed me by the balls part was nice)

Cheers.

Nevermore's appearance seems so much out of place after thinking about the other appearances :lol:

I always see Nevermore as a semi-underground-almost-mainstream kickass 1337 band. I mean, people will be like "ooh Trivium, In Flames, Children Of Bodom" and then "What? Nevermore?"

Though there are some names I've never heard about (mind you, I'm still a noob compared to some in these boards), like The Haunted and Lynam.

I don't know anything about this band, but I played in a band with Mike Mangini for a couple of years and if he's on it at least the drumming will kick ass!

Reactions: Blakk Axe
Nice. Should be splendid to hear Jeff duel with..erm, Jeff, if that is indeed the case. Either way, nice idea on behalf of Waters et al.

That song was just a bad example of Annihilator. That album as a whole was pretty heavy.
But yeah, get Alice In Hell and Never, Neverland. Both albums are amazing (especially Alice In Hell).

Alison Hell

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know anything about this band, but I played in a band with Mike Mangini for a couple of years and if he's on it at least the drumming will kick ass!

Dude, you played with Mike Mangini?! Damn, I'm jealous. :D
He's absolutely amazing... you guys seen his videos for the world's fastest drummer?

Btw, my band's in need of a drummer; you think you could hook us up?
:lol:

Cheers!

Ya I played in a band with him back in the 80's for a couple of years right before he hooked up with Extreme.
He teaches at Berklee now (and he recently got married) so getting him out of Boston
wouldn't be an easy thing.
He was a freaking blast to play with.
Besides being the incredible machine that he is , he's a funny fucker to boot. :worship:
The track with Mike and Loomis on it should be kicking. (Now I have to call him and ask him about that track) :cool:

Didnt Jeff have beef with Waters?

Not really. I think he might've said Waters deserved a wee smack for thinking he was the fastest metal rhythm player...or something like that. If however, he did have serious beef, then this is the most sensible way for them to "battle it out".:)

I like beef.

hmmm,I found this on Blabbermouth too...I thought Jeff Waters and Jeff Loomis hate each other.nice to see they get along.