Jeff Loomis solo on new Annihilator

i don't like the use of pointless shred, like half or less of that solo is. TGE has much better solos. I didn't hear the full songs so in the context of the song i might change my mind.

are you joking, you were the guy bitching about how great marc rizzo or whatever is, what do you think he plays? i'll give you a clue, his solos are mindless shred. also, if you're even close to saying that jeff's solos are slow and emotional, think again. what do you call the enemies of reality solo, the born solo, the my acid words solo? they're all shredding (not sayings they're bad but your omg shredding is teh ghey itz so mindless) shit is stupid.

are you joking, you were the guy bitching about how great marc rizzo or whatever is, what do you think he plays? i'll give you a clue, his solos are mindless shred. also, if you're even close to saying that jeff's solos are slow and emotional, think again. what do you call the enemies of reality solo, the born solo, the my acid words solo? they're all shredding (not sayings they're bad but your omg shredding is teh ghey itz so mindless) shit is stupid.
Where did i mention I don't like shred? I like shred when it is not OVERDONE. That solo has just too much shred. Same goes for both of Jeff's solos in the trade in Psalm of Lydia, where Steve although plays somewhat slower and more spontaneous solos rape jeff's IMHO (the first being very inventive and shreddy). The solos in EoR are awesome and fit the song and add to the emotion of that song. Same goes to Born. But Jeff's best solos are those like on Sentient 6 on which he has a very fast alternate picked run that adds to the slow part of the solo SO MUCH MORE.
Lets not turn this into a discussion about Marc Rizzo. But don't tell me you want a slow solo on a song like frontlines or carved inside or corrosion creeps. Lets not get into marc rizzo's solo shit, i just gave an example of thrash soulfly songs from dark ages.
In conclusion if you do shred or play slow just for the fuck of playing slow or fast it is pointless.
what is doing jeff for most of that solo? fuck around phrygian dominant mode, harmonic minor, and diminished scale with legatto/alt picking and some arpegios. The solo has a slower part that tells more then the rest of it, near the begining of the solo. That solo is still incredibly hard to play that fast and accurate and on time, I am not criticizing that, but he could have put his technique to much better use like he does on nevermore's catalog for most of it. Just because Jeff has a few shit solos, he still is one of my favorite guitar players ever. I just don't like that solo and whatever arguments you bring up won't change my opinion. In conclusion that solo is mindless shred, in other words kinda shit. Sorry Jeff if you read this, you can do so much better

Where did i mention I don't like shred? I like shred when it is not OVERDONE. That solo has just too much shred. Same goes for both of Jeff's solos in the trade in Psalm of Lydia, where Steve although plays somewhat slower and more spontaneous solos rape jeff's IMHO (the first being very inventive and shreddy). The solos in EoR are awesome and fit the song and add to the emotion of that song. Same goes to Born. But Jeff's best solos are those like on Sentient 6 on which he has a very fast alternate picked run that adds to the slow part of the solo SO MUCH MORE.
Lets not turn this into a discussion about Marc Rizzo. But don't tell me you want a slow solo on a song like frontlines or carved inside or corrosion creeps. Lets not get into marc rizzo's solo shit, i just gave an example of thrash soulfly songs from dark ages.
In conclusion if you do shred or play slow just for the fuck of playing slow or fast it is pointless.
what is doing jeff for most of that solo? fuck around phrygian dominant mode, harmonic minor, and diminished scale with legatto/alt picking and some arpegios. The solo has a slower part that tells more then the rest of it, near the begining of the solo. That solo is still incredibly hard to play that fast and accurate and on time, I am not criticizing that, but he could have put his technique to much better use like he does on nevermore's catalog for most of it. Just because Jeff has a few shit solos, he still is one of my favorite guitar players ever. I just don't like that solo and whatever arguments you bring up won't change my opinion. In conclusion that solo is mindless shred, in other words kinda shit. Sorry Jeff if you read this, you can do so much better

phffff......kid