Alive Or just Breathing vs the Blackening??

Which is the better album?

• Alive Or Just Breathing

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • The Blackening

Votes: 29 34.5%

• Total voters

dan weapon

Planet Smasher
Nov 14, 2005
Aberdeen
www.myspace.com
I'm having a discussion with a friend about which of these is the more "bona fide classic essential album". I'd be interested to hear everyone's opinions on this.

KSE - 'Alive or Just Breathing' VS Machine Head - 'the Blackening'

Please vote away and comment as appropriate!

That's one hard decision...
I like The Blackening just a tad more, but I think Alive or Just Breathing had a bigger impact on the music scene.

Burn My Eyes > Everything machine head did really..

I find alive or just breating a masterpiece, i'd think that album probably made more of a impact then the blackening.

Fair fights would have been,

AOJB vs Burn My Eyes
As Daylight Dies Vs The Blackening.

The current matchup doesn't make sense.

Thing is, Alive or Just Breathing actually meant something. Instead of Howard's songs that he writes in 10minutes on the shitter.

Alive or Just Breathing by far.

Any that weren't metalcore? Admittedly I haven't listened to more than one or two songs off the album...

metalcore or not - it defined a whole new genre of music. of course other bands were involved, but KSE are pretty much the biggest and most recognised. for me that album was executed really well - well written songs that were kept to the point.

i'm sure almost all new bands coming through these days must have had some influence from killswitch, metalcore or not, and whether they like them, or not. even if they don't like them, their influence will rub off onto other bands etc.

I learnt a ton about song writing purely by listening to kse - my band doesn't sound particularly like them or 'metalcore' but id definitely say they influenced me a lot.

Never really liked AOJB, I've always preferred Howard's Vocals, but that's a preference thing. Also as far as Machine Head goes, I'm more into Through The Ashes Of Empires than any of their other albums.

Thanks to all for your opinions (except the douchebags who waste everyone's time by saying 'none' or 'neither'), but this has nothing to do with fair comparisons or what the best KSE/MH album is. This is nothing to do with which is the better band or anything. It is only concerning "which of those two album is a more classic/landmark/whatever release", and for the purpose of a discussion I had with a friend.

And yes, in my opinion Burn My Eyes is a great album, and owns everything Machine Head have ever done by a long shot. But again, not the point of this poll :)

for me that album was executed really well - well written songs that were kept to the point.

Hmm, I'll take Figure Number Five for that in a metal context, personally - just can't get past the hardcore tendencies of KSE! (just listened to a few tracks off AoJB via Spotify)

definitly AOJB. The Blackening is a great album but it's more a "comeback" to the old glory days of metal, whereas AOJB just introduced a new kind of a sound to the world.