All About Eve

Judge gsz

Oct 12, 2001
Hoeselt, BELGIUM
www.geocities.com
anyone familiar with this band? I rediscovered their "scarlet and other stories" yesterday in my cd collection. It's a really good cd.The band plays some kind of gothic/folk/rock and has an excellent female singer.

Some of their songs remind me of the old Anathema songs with female vocals. And I would not be surprised if this band actually influenced some of the early gothic metalbands. (scarlet and other sories was released in 1989). I believe they still exist and have done acoustic gigs the last years...

yeh i actually bought one of there records in the early 90's i think, and she is a very mellow singer, i loved the song , but i cant remember the title , though it was like this,* you are an ocean wave my love * DADADDADAAAA , you are a galley slave my love , lallalaaaallaaa ,deeddd ededee there i was singing it then, :Spin:

Well, I only now the songs from the album I metntioned and they are all really good. Some of my favorites are : Scarlet, december, only one reason, more then the blues....

Also Martha's Harbour is a pretty well known song by them.

Judge gsz said:
Well, I only now the songs from the album I metntioned and they are all really good. Some of my favorites are : Scarlet, december, only one reason, more then the blues....

Also Martha's Harbour is a pretty well known song by them.
thats the one i'm on about, martha's harbour, i just couldnt remember the name,hehehe, owell i sang a bit of it for you :D

remember all About Eve playing with The Mission on tour in early 90s...Their vocalist also made some backing vocals on some The Mish albums.

Susie said:
I dont sorry, but i'm glad you chose to post under me for your first ever post,thanx :)

my pleasure :) I found this forum while looking for some reviews on current Anathema gigs (hope to see'em tomorrow live) but your topic on AAE reminds me on some old and good music. I have to look in my archives from the early 90s. There should be some dusty AAE casette....

All About Eve have a new lease of life at the moment and are working on a new album and have been touring quite heavily in recent years. Initially they got back together when The Mission asked them to support them for a few dates and AAE have now done quite a few acoustic tours and more recently lots of electric sets as well as a winter themed album last year. They are on tour again in December and also in April 2004 so catch them if you can because they are as good now as they've ever been and the new songs they've written are fantastic.
Try here for more info:
http://www.julianneregan.net/