All Instrumental Releases?

AttilaJ

Nov 23, 2002
AZ
www.attilajuhasz.com
I can't get enough of SX, but every so often when working I love to listen to instrumental music, but I want something with an edge. For example, when I write simple web code, write a marketing proposal, or whatever, I can't concentrate with music that contains vocals, but I get a sense of adrenaline when I listen to things like Michael Schenker's last two instrumental releases, Vinnie Moore, Solaris, Tangerine Dream and soundtracks like best of John Carpenter. Can anyone suggest "all instrumental" releases that my fit my taste with a bit more edgy prog rock guitar and keys.

My overall taste includes a wide mix of metal and prog: Halford, Judas Priest, SX, Shadow Gallery, Rush, Kansas, Yes, Genesis (early), MSG, etc. Pretty much rock and roll with talent.

My apologies if this topic has been discussed before.

Thanks.

Try some Eric Johnson... his albums aren't completely instrumental... about 50/50, I guess... but he really does some amazing things on the guitar... I have "Ah Via Musicom" ("Cliffs of Dover" is one of the greatest instrumental tracks ever... and so is "Trademark") and the excellent "Venus Isle"