All is right in the universe

Sentient 6

harmless parasite
Jan 16, 2006
everywhere yet nowhere
Natalie Portman fucking earned that fucking oscar...my favorite movie in years...The King's Speech was a great film but it was so predictable that it got the best picture award, the academy loves artsy fartsy brit flicks way too much...Black Swan should have gotten that one.

Day off in Barcelona I'm just gonna trip around and hopefully help Dagna find some shoes... and btw Jim is doing GREAT!!!

The Kings Speech bored me to death, didn't catch me one bit. I was actually hoping for The Social Network to win it. Considering how little I cared about the premise, that movie fucking grabbed me by the balls and kept me the entire time. Black Swan would have been nice too. I was surprised the Hailee Steinfeld from True Grit didn't get the supporting actress nod, not that Mellisa Leo was bad in The Fighter by any means, but Hailee was surprisingly great.

it's weird though, Hailee wasn't really a supporting actress, hell she was the main actress in the movie. Strange that she was nominated for that.

I would say yeah Natalie earned it, but personally I was hoping for Winters Bone/Jennifer Lawrence to get at least one Oscar.

Hoping for better hosts next year.

I only saw Winter's Bone out of that bunch, which was really good. Didn't have a chance in hell of winning any awards, being a tiny Indie film with no budget, but it was totally deserving of the nominations anyhow. Best thing I saw in 2010.

it's weird though, Hailee wasn't really a supporting actress, hell she was the main actress in the movie. Strange that she was nominated for that.

I would say yeah Natalie earned it, but personally I was hoping for Winters Bone/Jennifer Lawrence to get at least one Oscar.

Hoping for better hosts next year.

Winter's Bone was great! And she was amazing in that movie!

I dunno.. it's good and all, especially given the little amount of resources used, and is pretty captivating... but it doesn't do much that a lot of the other nominated movies don't do better. Still, worth watching!

I dunno.. it's good and all, especially given the little amount of resources used, and is pretty captivating... but it doesn't do much that a lot of the other nominated movies don't do better. Still, worth watching!

oh come on...when he saws off his own limb I could barely look at the screen

I saw Unknown last night, which was good, but not great. Not close to Taken. Taken was fucking awesome.

Oh and btw, the new Omnium Gatherum album is amazing and you should listen to it. So, yes...all is well in the universe.

I was actually hoping for The Social Network to win it. Considering how little I cared about the premise, that movie fucking grabbed me by the balls and kept me the entire time.

I agree. I could give two shits about Facebook, but the movie was awesome and the kid who played Zuckerberg did a brilliant job. Too bad they had to gay it up with Justin Timberlake, though. But all in all, a very good movie.

Goddamnit i hate Zuckerberg.
fN8Gy.jpg

The Kings Speech bored me to death, didn't catch me one bit. I was actually hoping for Facebook to win it. Considering how little I cared about the premise, that movie fucking grabbed me by the balls and kept me the entire time. Black Swan would have been nice too. I was surprised the Hailee Steinfeld from True Grit didn't get the supporting actress nod, not that Mellisa Leo was bad in Rocky II by any means, but Hailee was surprisingly great.

oh come on...when he saws off his own limb I could barely look at the screen

haha granted, I don't think I've ever cringed that much at a movie in a while. Although it was amusing to see some people dash from the cinema with their hands over their mouth to go vomit :lol:

I guess I probably should rephrase... besides the legendary dismemberment.. I dunno, it was a visually stunning movie, but... it didn't have lesbians so yeah

I'm British, after all. :)

I think it was wonderfully acted, scripted, directed and the sets were wonderful. I think the emotional journey at the core of the story was moving and Firth was excellent.

It could be considered quaint or understated but I liked a lot about the movie.