All you moshlets with mics, I need your gang thrash vocals...

thefyn

Jun 3, 2006
EDIT/UPDATE:

There are some bad notes, some bass pops and drums messed up here and there, but I figured I would post it to show the people who helped me out in where I asked them below to record gang vocals...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8503007

It is a song about The Poll Tax riots. Where normall working people all protested on mass and ended up rioting. It worked, it toppled Thatcher, a world power. RIOT RIOT!!!:mad::mad::cop::mad::mad::mad:

It is an 83 JCM800 2x12 combo with v30's.

OLD TOPIC:

I tried to do them in different tones myself/layered but it ended up sounding inbred.

If anyone wants to have a good old shout, here are the two parts I need them on with a vocal for you to mimic (There is a gap between each take):

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8437827

(you can download the mp3 from that page)

First is:

RIOT RIOT
RIOT RIOT
RIOT RIOT
RI OT OF THE SANE

Second part is:

RIOT OF THE SANE
THE RIOT OF THE SANE
RI OT OF THE FUCK-ING SANE

So if any of you can shout along and send me a link of your isolated vocal track, that would be awesome. Don't laugh at the drums. They are EZ guides.

16 bit is not fine

Isn't that what Andy recorded one of Testaments CD's at?

I record at 16 bit. I know I know...I can't tell any difference between a guitar recorded in 16 and 24 bit. When you mix down/master then yeah up that to 24.

well in the end dont you normally have to dither to 16 bit to be able to put on the cd?

Yarp. End users can't tell the difference. The vast percentage of them don't even have devices that can play back at certain bit rates plus even if they did the $30 skull candy in ear phone will negate it all.

Yarp. End users can't tell the difference. The vast percentage of them don't even have devices that can play back at certain bit rates plus even if they did the $30 skull candy in ear phone will negate it all.

24bit lowers the noise floor a lot. Audibly.

Raising from 44khz to 48khz probably won't make much/any audible difference, but 16->24bit definitely does, and there's no reason not to do it.

well i do all me sessions in 44/24 but then when its done i dither to 16 cuz i was told thats what i had to do...im assuming i was misinformed?

well i do all me sessions in 44/24 but then when its done i dither to 16 cuz i was told thats what i had to do...im assuming i was misinformed?

Nope, this is the 100% best way to do it IMO! (and yes, it always has to end up at 16-bit when put on a CD or converted to mp3, but you still get the benefit if you record at 24-bit)

24bit lowers the noise floor a lot. Audibly.

Raising from 44khz to 48khz probably won't make much/any audible difference, but 16->24bit definitely does, and there's no reason not to do it.

How about file size and processing time? I am not recording an orchestra. I am recording a very fkn loud amp, vocal etc.

On paper it is better, in practice when it comes to me releasing music it is kinda redundant looking at my skill levels/equipment.

Nope, this is the 100% best way to do it IMO! (and yes, it always has to end up at 16-bit when put on a CD or converted to mp3, but you still get the benefit if you record at 24-bit)

Just record some gang vocals. :heh: Do it in 32 bit. Just Nike it.

Oh and if anyone can suggest any free bass, snare samples to replace the vanilla ones I have that would also be appreciated.

I have to add a lot to what is there and humanize it but what is there gives you an idea.