All you'll ever need to know about drum programming

Alright guys, once again thanks for pre-ordering and your interest in the book.

First round of pre-sales is now officially over. Make sure to sign up to the mailing list here to stay up to date and make sure that you'll be among the first to know when any news regarding the book or more pre-sales come around. :)

If i pre-ordered, am I automatically on the list, or do I also have to do that survey and sign up?

Is the preorder over. I tried and it wouldn't work...
If happily preorder this!!!

Sorry it took me some time to get back to you but I was away for the weekend.

Dan, don't worry, you're on the list. As a matter of fact I emailed you on the 7th to confirm your order. :) However feel free to take the server if you want to give some input (or you can just post here).

D20, the first pre-order is over, sorry. But if you sign up to the list (see above for the link) I'll keep you in the loop when the second round of pre-orders will be up. :)

Thanks for signing up everyone else. I just wrote emails to check in with everyone of you but my Mail App wouldn't let me send them right now… Expect them sometime tomorrow as soon as I can get that to work again. :)

I just uploaded a song I wrote and recorded about ten years ago.

My DAW (if you can call it that…) didn't have MIDI at the time (That's right!) so I had to manually put in EVERY.SINGLE.DRUM.HIT in the form of wav-samples I found on the internet. (I believe they were called "ns_kit7". Anybody remember these?)

Jeee…

Luckily I improved my skills big time over the last ten years and I'm putting everything I've learned in a book. Sign up here to be notified when it's released. :)

Btw: Can you guess by which band and album I was heavily influenced at the time I wrote that song? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that I sent out an email to my subscribers today that they can send me their riffs and I will pick one and make a video showing how i approach programming drums to pre-existing music. So if any of you feel like sending in your stuff as well you are more than welcome. Just PM me a download link and the tempo. :)

If you haven't done so please sign up to my mailing list.

I'll keep you posted.

Hey,

I just released a video detailing my approach on programming/writing drums. Check it out and share it if you like. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent little video there. Really helpful for someone like me that doesn't have any idea on drum programming (or playing for that matter). Can't wait to get a hold of this guide! :D

lelahel: Right now there is no pre-sale option but maybe there'll be another one before the book is released. ;)

CronosBeyond: Let me know if you want me to do a video using your stuff as well. :)

Guys, I'll make this quick - The book is out! :)

Well, officially it'll be released tomorrow (Friday, May 16) but I figured I'd give all Sneapsters a little heads up since your initial support made this all happen in the first place. Thanks again guys!

You can find all the information on the website www.drumprogrammingguide.com. I'm confident that I've created some really cool stuff that will take your drum programming to the next level.

There's also a contest where you'll be able to win one of three copies of EZdrummer 2 and if you click Share/Tweet before checkout you'll get a 20% discount on your purchase.

Needless to say there are also a couple of videos on the website as well as a free preview for you to download. :)

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

Guys, I'll make this quick - The book is out! :)

Well, officially it'll be released tomorrow (Friday, May 16) but I figured I'd give all Sneapsters a little heads up since your initial support made this all happen in the first place. Thanks again guys!

You can find all the information on the website www.drumprogrammingguide.com. I'm confident that I've created some really cool stuff that will take your drum programming to the next level.

There's also a contest where you'll be able to win one of three copies of EZdrummer 2 and if you click Share/Tweet before checkout you'll get a 20% discount on your purchase.

Needless to say there are also a couple of videos on the website as well as a free preview for you to download. :)

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

Got it last night, looks really complete, great job! Can't wait to give it a thorough read.