Allen/Lande - The Battle, early listen

hunter

Mar 13, 2004
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ALBUM OF THE YEAR :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ok, that might be a little premature, but listening to this early release (4 songs in) and already I'm planning to buy it ASAP! People, you've got to get this album...it ROCKS!!!

BTW, does anybody know if the Japanese release will have a bonus track(s)?

I actually contacted Magnus Karlsson (it's actually his album) this year to see if there was a chance in hell of putting them up on stage this year for 90 mniutes. My plan was to let them do stuff from the album together and swap out performing solo tracks as well. Hell, I was going to offer to pay extra to hear them swap lines on a cover of "The Last in Line." It just seems like the perfect song for them.

I'm serious.

Anyhow, Magnus was all about it, but there was absolutely no chance in hell of it happening due to schedules.

Just a behind the scenes tidbit for you...

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I actually contacted Magnus Karlsson (it's actually his album) this year to see if there was a chance in hell of putting them up on stage this year for 90 mniutes. My plan was to let them do stuff from the album together and swap out performing solo tracks as well. Hell, I was going to offer to pay extra to hear them swap lines on a cover of "The Last in Line." It just seems like the perfect song for them.

I'm serious.

Anyhow, Magnus was all about it, but there was absolutely no chance in hell of it happening due to schedules.

Glenn H.

:OMG: Tease!! Most excellent idea........next year?!?!?!?!?!?

Harvester said:
I'm not sure if I'm happy you shared this, or miserable knowing what might have been. I'm pretty sure my wife is going to cry. Thanks for trying.

Zod

General Zod said:
I'm not sure if I'm happy you shared this, or miserable knowing what might have been. I'm pretty sure my wife is going to cry. Thanks for trying.

Zod

My girlfriend just did. Damn you Glenn... hahahahahahaha....

Let's hope he can make this happen next year or something... It would really slay!:headbang:

Harvester said:

I'm serious.

Glenn H.
Well, since Magnus was ready to come to PP, maybe he can come next year with one of his other bands...Last Tribe/Starbreaker... ;) :headbang:

Harvester said:

I'm serious.

Glenn H.

I'd faint like a 12 year old girl at a Backstreet Boys show! I'm a total fanboy of Allen/Lande!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn, I love to hear the behind-the-scenes tidbits...

It always makes me realize that Glenn is usually 2 steps ahead of things...long before the whining masses even realize they want something...he's already considered it, attempted it, and moved on...

No wonder he's so damned bitter and jaded (haha...typical promoter...!)

Now what about that book...?

Rock on!

Harvester said:

I'm serious.

Glenn H.

Damn! That would have been awsome. Keep that on your "To Do" list for
next year! :Spin:

Does the entire album tread on generic, powerLESS metal with two godly singers wasting their talents?

Gotta love it when both Allen and Lande take every chance to go UN-prog with their solo releases, no? It seems to me Lande will never reach the same peak he did with Ark and Beyond Twilight.

I heard that clip months ago and thought it SUCKED. Sorry guys.

hunter said:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ALBUM OF THE YEAR :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ok, that might be a little premature, but listening to this early release (4 songs in) and already I'm planning to buy it ASAP! People, you've got to get this album...it ROCKS!!!

BTW, does anybody know if the Japanese release will have a bonus track(s)?
I hope the album will be available at the festival. The new Strato S/T album will be out by then, too. And the new Symphorce.
:)

batmura said:
Does the entire album tread on generic, powerLESS metal with two godly singers wasting their talents?

No, it doesn't.

batmura said:
I heard that clip months ago and thought it SUCKED. Sorry guys.

I don't think you should base your opinion about a whole record by a 30sec clip. Not even for just one song, for that matter. Wait until you hear the whole thing, then it's fair to bash on it if you don't like it.

I sure will buy the CD because I have ever Lande CD ever released. I just think based on that clip that this is even more generic than his work with Masterplan. If it was actually better, they wouldn't have picked those parts as a sample, IMO.

Harvester said:

I'm serious.

Glenn H.
From Last Tribe to Starbreaker to this release...everything Magnus touches is gold!!

batmura said:
I sure will buy the CD because I have ever Lande CD ever released. I just think based on that clip that this is even more generic than his work with Masterplan. If it was actually better, they wouldn't have picked those parts as a sample, IMO.

Ouch! It's all a matter of opinion. If you look for a melodic/traditional sound with stellar vocals, then you can't go wrong with the Lande/Allen project. If you're looking for death growls, and over the top/proggy music, then you'll be very disappointed! Thank God everyone doesn't think the same, and all music doesn't sound the same!!!