JORN LANDE And RUSSELL ALLEN Collaborating On New Album

Thorn23TX

Marked By The Triangle
Jun 16, 2005
Dallas
From Blabbermouth... I find this to be FANTASTIC news...

Aug. 30, 2006

Recording sessions of the second chapter of the highly anticipated album from Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) and Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X) started during August. Once again Magnus Karlsson (LAST TRIBE, STARBREAKER) penned a set of songs which fit perfectly to the voices of the two characters. The album will be entitled "The Revenge" and some early songstitles include "Victory", "The Revenge", "Who Can You Trust", "Wake Up Call", "Gone Too Far" and "Under The Waves". As one the project's debut, the cover art will be designed by Rodney Matthews (DIAMOND HEAD, MAGNUM, PRAYING MANTIS etc.). A 2007 release via Frontiers Records is expected.

Since 1995, Russell Allen has been the singer of the American prog-metal band SYMPHONY X, which has released six studio albums and one live CD. Former MASTERPLAN vocalist Jorn Lande has a vocal capability that is world-class, distinctive, rich and spanning a large range. As such, the man is in high demand since he has guested or sung for such bands as MILLENIUM, ARK, THE SNAKES and many others. He is also a well-known solo artist with four albums under his belt, beginning with his 1999 debut, "Starfire".

Noah Martin said:
Jorn never sang for Malmsteen though.

Sorry bud, but you're wrong. He has done several tours with Yngwie. He has sang for Yngwie, just not been on any released albums.

Dont make me unleash the fookin fwooory on you!

DrumRman said:
Sorry bud, but you're wrong. He has done several tours with Yngwie. He has sang for Yngwie, just not been on any released albums.

Dont make me unleash the fookin fwooory on you!

Yep, I saw him with Yngwie. It was basically Ark as his back-up band. Jorn ripped it up too.

I *still* hope that Glenn is intentionally misleading us to keep the surprise of Russell joining Jorn onstage for a few songs from The Battle. :lol:

Thorn23TX said:
I *still* hope that Glenn is intentionally misleading us to keep the surprise of Russell joining Jorn onstage for a few songs from The Battle. :lol:
would be nice, but I am not counting on it.

Guess there's another album i'll be buying in 2007. Be nice if they go just a "little" bit heavier on this one though.

Joel-RZ said:
Yep, I saw him with Yngwie. It was basically Ark as his back-up band. Jorn ripped it up too.
Oh yea, I saw that Yngwie tour as well with Jorn before the "falling out", not that there was any surprise that happened. Jorn rocked so much I ended up getting an unofficial live cd of that tour. I have everything released as well by Yngwie, but would be cool if they put out an official live cd of all the various singers including of course Jorn! :worship: