Allen/Lande - The Revenge

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I've been in my office alot today, so I've been listening to some music. All I have to say is that Allen/Lande's "The Revenge" is god like! :headbang: Wake Up Call is one of my current favorites. Melodic rock doesn't get any better than this in my opinion. :kickass:

~Brian~

I've been in my office alot today, so I've been listening to some music. All I have to say is that Allen/Lande's "The Revenge" is god like! :headbang: Wake Up Call is one of my current favorites. Melodic rock doesn't get any better than this in my opinion. :kickass:

~Brian~

How do you rank it with the first one? Rate both 1-10.

I was pretty disappointed with this one, the songwriting really didn't hit me like it did on the first cd.

I got that impression as well. I heard the first CD, loved it. When I found out they made a second CD, I gave it a listen too, but was not as impressed as the first CD. The chemistry that was on the first CD isn't present on this one.

I may eventually get this one on CD, but there are others I'd like to get first (Symphony X comes to mind...).

This is on my want list. I love both singers and have asked for this cd for my b-day next month. I loved the first one and hear this one is heavier than the first. If that is the case I know I will love it. Neither singer can do wrong in my book.

WILLIAM

I think the new one is heavier and more evenly sung by both singers than the first.

I think this one is amazing. I can't say it's as good as the first, but it's still phenomenal. I think "Gone Too Far" is as good as any of the songs on the first one.

You have to take this project for what is, which is melodic hard rock/metal, not prog. It's unfair to expect this to sound like Symphony X, so throw that out of your mind while listening to this or before hand.

I agree with Venom. It does seem that both singers share close to equal time on "The Revenge". Magnus is a great songwriter and guitarist, so his melodic style is icing on the cake for me. There's great chemistry between all of these guys, so I hope we hear more from this project in the future.

FatesFan, I know why your asking me this question. :p You're afraid if I like something really well, then you won't dig it! :lol: So it sucks! Give it a listen! :rolleyes: I'd rate "The Battle" a (9) out of (10) and I'd rate "The Revenge" an (8.5) out of (10).

~Brian~

FatesFan, I know why your asking me this question. :p You're afraid if I like something really well, then you won't dig it! :lol: So it sucks! Give it a listen! :rolleyes: I'd rate "The Battle" a (9) out of (10) and I'd rate "The Revenge" an (8.5) out of (10).

~Brian~

There has been a pattern as such...yes. :loco: I just can't help it that you like everything you hear. :p I am a bit more...hhmmmm.....what's the word you used...............ah yes.............finicky.:lol:

I've yet to get sucked into The Revenge, after numerous listens. Someone mentioned Wake Up Call, and that was really the only song that hit me right off the bat. And, with all the other stuff out, it will be sent to the back of the line to wait its turn in the cd player.