Allen - lande?

Metal_Camden

Sep 25, 2009
SO I just heard a song off of their new release (?)

Holy cow it was really good, mid tempo like.... well catchy goodness....

the song i heard sounded like a SLIGHTLY watered down nocturnal rites with some avantasia sprinkled on it. I enjoyed it :)

anyone have any more info on this band for me?

They're not exactly an "under the radar" act.

Russell Allen, lead singer of Symphony X plus
Jorn Lande, lead singer of Masterplan (and all-around vocal God) plus
Magnus Karlsson, guitarist/songwriter of Last Tribe, Starbreaker, Primal Fear equals

Melodic metal perfection.

They've got three albums. They all sound the same and they all rule.

They're not exactly an "under the radar" act.

Russell Allen, lead singer of Symphony X plus
Jorn Lande, lead singer of Masterplan (and all-around vocal God) plus
Magnus Karlsson, guitarist/songwriter of Last Tribe, Starbreaker, Primal Fear equals

Melodic metal perfection.

They've got three albums. They all sound the same and they all rule.

This is so sad that I can't even think of a way to be a smart ass.
Justin you are a good man Charlie Brown.

I'm reminded of seeing an interview with Sherly Crow proting a release of a Zeppelin tribute album that she appeared on. She stated she had never listened to the band so she went out and bought all of their album. I just thought you really need to be beaten with a golf club.
Anything is possible but it does seem strange that someone who attends a progressive power metal festival, frequents a power metal themed forum, and place in a power metal band that is going on tour with arguably the biggest power metal band in the world would know so little about that genre. Seriously not being familiar with Helloween, they basically started the genre. Again I guess anything is possible. I will say a young noob isn't as odd as when you over here the forty year old guy at the fest say he has never heard Fates Warning but he needs to buy all of their CDs cause the are playing the fest the next year.
Allen/Lande I can see how that is easy to miss or whatever it is not a staple of the genre but Fates Warning or Helloween one can't help to wonder. I realize that not everyone are into every band, some can be missed cause there are so many bands out there, and not all people are geeks about metal like me (I mean Matt:), but come on get serious here.
I applaud the younger people who show an interest I do. Maybe asking for recommendations is away to go about getting into metal.
Mannoobs would have had it so rough back in the 80s when there was no interest.:lol:
Ok that is as nice as I can be.:devil:

Haha come on now! :p

Totaly JUST discovered the glory lol

I totally got your back Camden! I have to admit, I didn't know who Jorn Lande was till a few months ago. Was recomended to buy Masterplan self tittled album and Jorn Lande's solo album Out to Every Nation, LOVED THEM!! Wished I knew about them sooner! Asking around and listening to last.fm is helping me find these great metal bands!

Get the first ALLEN/LANDE. It's awesome.
If you have a ton of cash burning a hole in your pocket, get the second ALLEN/LANDE as well.
But for all that's holy, STAY AWAY from the third (new) disc. It totally sucks :(

c.

I personally think the songwriting is stronger on the second CD as compared to the first. I have not heard the third... since I disagree with Claus here maybe I should pick it up:lol:

I personally think the songwriting is stronger on the second CD as compared to the first. I have not heard the third... since I disagree with Claus here maybe I should pick it up:lol:

I agree... The Battle didn't make much of an impression on me, but I spin The Revenge regularly. It's my go-to disc whenever I'm in a crappy mood - it cheers me right up. :)

I've never been a big fan of any of these discs. Both singers are terrific, but their isn't quite enough of a contrast in their voices to make it work quite right for me. Both singers also have several other projects I reach for before these discs.

Britt

Pick it up. If you go in expecting more of the same, you're going to be completely happy with it.

And for you Jorn n00bs - go track down Ark's Burn the Sun album. Stat!

Get the first ALLEN/LANDE. It's awesome.
If you have a ton of cash burning a hole in your pocket, get the second ALLEN/LANDE as well.
But for all that's holy, STAY AWAY from the third (new) disc. It totally sucks :(

c.

Awesome! Thanks man. LOL you know there is no cash burning hahaha, I youtube'd it and was wowing. I dont know which songs were from which album but i'll deff check them out. I feel terrible downloading things sometimes because its defeating the whole purpose of supporting music. BUT im pretty sure im supporting it, well at least one band in mind lol.

Hopefully I wont be broke after tour, ill get to catch up on some purchaces for my slowly growing collection! Not everyone can have that epicly rediculous collection that you have! haha :p

Anything is possible but it does seem strange that someone who attends a progressive power metal festival, frequents a power metal themed forum, and place in a power metal band that is going on tour with arguably the biggest power metal band in the world would know so little about that genre. Seriously not being familiar with Helloween, they basically started the genre. Again I guess anything is possible. I will say a young noob isn't as odd as when you over here the forty year old guy at the fest say he has never heard Fates Warning but he needs to buy all of their CDs cause the are playing the fest the next year.
Allen/Lande I can see how that is easy to miss or whatever it is not a staple of the genre but Fates Warning or Helloween one can't help to wonder. I realize that not everyone are into every band, some can be missed cause there are so many bands out there, and not all people are geeks about metal like me (I mean Matt:), but come on get serious here.
I applaud the younger people who show an interest I do. Maybe asking for recommendations is away to go about getting into metal.
Mannoobs would have had it so rough back in the 80s when there was no interest.:lol:
Ok that is as nice as I can be.:devil:

I have never listened to Fates Warning. -HAHAHA

I see what your saying but realize that im 22 and 4 years ago I was on stage at warped tour in metalcore band, never even knowing who Blind Guardian was. It was shortly after that, that I discovered this genre and got hooked, started a new band and really started playing the music I really enjoyed and loved to listen to.

I guess Obviously it all started with dragonforce *ducks, but that was short lived. I was then introduced to BG, Rhapsody and Hammerfall and worked my way (still am) backwards. I discovered Edguy about 4 months before we recorded our current album and was like, well great.... now i have all these ideas and no time to put some of this stuff on the record :)

Anywho, im doing some serious back tracking to try and get all the inspration, on my behalf, for our next record. That one will be our most focused and dynamic one yet. We already have one song almost done and its already like a big melting pot of what we missed and didnt have time to do on the last record.

I also basically grew up at morrisound for recording. so naturally I grew an ear for $$$ in production value. So bands like helloween never caught my ear because their albums didnt sound like those of say iced earth or BG's nightfall or Hammerfall. Now i find myself missing out on a lot of great music that i skipped over (not knowingly) because the production wasnt as in my face as some others.....

Anyways, i still have a long way to go to get to the status of you older guys :p but hey! im on my way! haha

I totally got your back Camden! I have to admit, I didn't know who Jorn Lande was till a few months ago. Was recomended to buy Masterplan self tittled album and Jorn Lande's solo album Out to Every Nation, LOVED THEM!! Wished I knew about them sooner! Asking around and listening to last.fm is helping me find these great metal bands!

I still havent even heard any of the Jorn stuff. Ill have to check it out :)

I still havent even heard any of the Jorn stuff. Ill have to check it out :)

Keep your expectations low. Jorn is many things, but a great songwriter is not one of them. Just my opinion, of course. I find the vast majority of the stuff he writes to be crushingly boring.