Alley Cat - Guitar Pro tab

jakethesnake

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2010
Hey all,
Woo! First post! :)
Just like to say that I'm a huge fan of SW, you guys are awesome. Really can't wait for the new album, especially after watching/listening to the Alley Cat vid, so I've decided to pass the time by tabbing out the song to play with my band, haha :headbang:
Doing pretty well so far, don't know how accurate I am fingering-wise, since I'm a keys player and haven't really played guitar at all - still, I've managed to tab out Johan's wicked weedly-weedly solo at the start, but I'm having trouble with the tuning - what tuning do you guys use?

Ok, strange though, because I've written the tab with the guitars tuned down to B, and there's an open B string at some stage...maybe it's supposed to be 7 string tuning, although Johan plays with a 6 string in the vid...confused...

Hey man, and welcome to the forum!

We have a pretty good tabs-thread already: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/seventh-wonder/420268-tabs-thread.html
Check that out for rather good discussions and explanations regarding tunings etc.
Also, feel free to continue posting there, so we keep all this great work you guys are doing in one spot -to make it easier for everyone.

Thanks!

(and yes, we drop to Eb across)

Cool, thanks guys! Although transposing the tab into Eb seems to mess things up, I think I may have written too low...which is strange, because the tab I've written out seems to be in the same key heard in the vid...ah well, I'll try and figure it out :lol:

Jake :)
When you are done, send it to me please! =)
Best song ever, would love to learn it!

No problem, as long as it's OK with SW :p

By the way, Andreas and/or Johan, I'm having a bit of trouble with the verses, as it seems as though some notes on the guitar go below Eb...or is that the bass playing the root notes of those chords, with the guitar playing the higher notes? Thanks so much in advance for your help guys, I know you're probably busy with the new album!