Almost got screwed at Rammstein!

What would you do?

• Screw the scamming bitch and get your money back!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • I couldnt give a rats ass!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Could be legit... there are nice people in the world still...

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
... and not the good way either!

See what you make of this guys. Bought a set of 3 tickets for a Rammstein gig in Birmingham off ebay (623 positive 100% feedback)- a woman from Hannover, Germany flying in to see them. Paid up front by paypal just to get coverage & agreed to receive the tickets at the gig.

On the day of the gig, we arranged to meet at a bar near the venue. She had great communications all the way through I should add at this point. Met her gang of 3 on the day according to plan, and she gave us the tickets. Had a drink and some food and a chat.

Bid them farewell, then we stayed for a few pints. Got to the venue and got in our seats, first time I sat down at a metal gig too (lol). 5 minutes later, 3 guys turn up, with exactly the same tickets printed. Obviously both sets of tickets are real, otherwise they wouldnt have gotten through the scanners on the venue doors. Queried it with the stewards, and it turns out our tickets have been cancelled by the woman.

Thankfully the guys moved us to another area which was an even better seat. However... they could have kicked us out. Had I been kicked out wouldve been obviously raging, and wouldve set a paypal case up straight away. As it stands i'm a little reserved at getting her ass kicked by paypal, but I am tempted to anyway as it is £150 worth of tickets. When I emailed her after the gig, I also got a super fast response from her and she said she will sort it out next week when she arrives back in Germany.

I'm pretty damn good when it comes to sniffing out a scam. What confuses me on this occassion, is the friendliness of it all and willing to co-operate. Also, why even show up to give me the tickets? If you're going to screw someone over internationally, just take the money and run right? :D

Anyway, just thought i'd post it up mainly as a warning for you guys who might oneday get into the same situation possibly. Secondly, what do you reckon!?

1st: you bought tickets and said "give them to me the day of the show"? I´d NEVER do that, you´re lucky she showed up and gave them to you :lol:

2nd: fry her ass! I imagine she cancelled beforehand in order to get the money back, and then sell them to you which equals double money right? Sounds like a nice plan, why not be nice and friendly? It´s definitely a scam, which didn´t go too bad for you cause you managed to watch the concert anyways, but honestly, she wouldn´t have cared if you had gotten kicked out, so sue the whore!!

If the tickets were cancelled, how did they let you thru at all? Do they not scan tickets at that venue?

1st: you bought tickets and said "give them to me the day of the show"? I´d NEVER do that, you´re lucky she showed up and gave them to you :lol:

2nd: fry her ass! I imagine she cancelled beforehand in order to get the money back, and then sell them to you which equals double money right? Sounds like a nice plan, why not be nice and friendly? It´s definitely a scam, which didn´t go too bad for you cause you managed to watch the concert anyways, but honestly, she wouldn´t have cared if you had gotten kicked out, so sue the whore!!

Yeah was very rare for us to do such a thing tbh Dan. They sold out months before, and it wasnt too much to lose thankfully just travelling there as paypal & ebay should cover us.

Exactly right as far as I can see. Cancelled the spares and flogged em on. Just waiting for some official confirmation in writing and then I will look forward to have having had a free rammstein show :popcorn:

Despite the fact that you managed to get in, I'd still crucify her on eBay... she could scam other people, especially if she somehow has 100% good feedback. Regardless, you'll also get your money back.

Eh, I say fuck it, you got in and got to see the show. You got what you paid for, technically. True she is a piece of shit but to me it wouldn't be worth the effort given the circumstances.

006 said:
Eh, I say fuck it, you got in and got to see the show. You got what you paid for, technically. True she is a piece of shit but to me it wouldn't be worth the effort given the circumstances.

And that's the reason scammers keep scamming, cause most people would say "nah no big deal" and litlle by little they make some nice bucks out of it.

And that's the reason scammers keep scamming, cause most people would say "nah no big deal" and litlle by little they make some nice bucks out of it.

Yes but how many times do you hear of the person being "scammed" getting exactly what they paid for as advertised? :lol:

I totally agree when it's the purchaser getting fucked out of whatever they thought they were buying. But he got what he wanted/paid for, so in this case, it is, in fact, no big deal.

Yes but how many times do you hear of the person being "scammed" getting exactly what they paid for as advertised? :lol:

I totally agree when it's the purchaser getting fucked out of whatever they thought they were buying. But he got what he wanted/paid for, so in this case, it is, in fact, no big deal.

Only through an amazing stroke of luck (and the generosity of the venue's staff), though, not any act on the part of the seller - show no mercy!