Almost positive I'll be interning at...

just curious man, but did you start the rec. arts classes @ cuesta yet?

if so, how are you taking to george so far??

The schedule differences between Poly and Cuesta are so grossly different that I literally can't take the recording classes without giving up an entire month of summer, 2 weeks of winter break, and my entire spring break. :( Super disappointing... oh well - maybe I'll get myself on academic probation and end up going there anyways. :lol:

The schedule differences between Poly and Cuesta are so grossly different that I literally can't take the recording classes without giving up an entire month of summer, 2 weeks of winter break, and my entire spring break. :( Super disappointing... oh well - maybe I'll get myself on academic probation and end up going there anyways. :lol:

ahh gotcha

TBH, you'd probably be bored as fuck the 1st semester, anyways

unless they've changed the courses greatly, which i doubt, rec. arts I is pretty much all lecture and theory...learning different types of mics, how compressors work, acoustics, etc. it's pretty informative if you're a total newb, but you'd probably find it to be a borefest....i guess they have to do something to weed out all the worthless/lazy fucks, though - cause the teacher is a really peculiar and uber-professional guy, so there's no way you're gonna touch his neves and telefunkens without sitting through a semester of bullshit first!

Well been there a few weeks, mostly doing studio bitch work...:) as expected for an internship. Really sweet place, nice SSL G 4000 board, another smaller control room, two live rooms, multiple lounges, etc. etc. Haven't done a ton of audio related shit except restring guitars and such, but sat in on a tracking session for a new artist they are finishing up at the moment. Pretty surreal chilling with these guys though, given their resumes. Cool dudes and I get to pick their brains from time to time when it is slow.

Let's see...AMPS. Current band is using a Naylor and a Marshall TSL (they dig this amp!) on most of their stuff. They also have a Soldano SLO, Randall modular head, Bogner XTC, Wizard amp, 5150 (not sure how much this gets used), Krankenstein, a real '65 deluxe reverb for cleans, and some others that I can't remember at the moment. Some racked API EQs, some Neve stuff, a compressor from the 50's that is the size of a small fridge LOL. Dan builds a bunch of outboard stuff too...very cool!

Sweet live room. Huge, equipped with a pre-pro Pro Tools rig, another huge mobile rig, tiki bar, dinner table, LOL, you know...all the essentials.

Just feels like a privilege to be there, even though I'm pulling 15 hour days when I have to head there after work.

The plan is to stay as long as possible and build rapport with the guys. They have one assistant engineer who is employed by them, so anything is possible.

Thanks for the interest!

Joe

how's the Wizard?

Haven't heard them use it yet. They are supposed to be the shit, but are also MUCH DINERO! I love great Marshall tone, but god damn, I'd be living in a cardboard box if I bought one of those, haha. The Naylor on the other hand is SWEET. Not sure how many on this board would dig it, but it's got a really sweet, smooth, Marshally tone that I adore. Next amp on my list for sure.

Joe