ALMOST Professional Sounding? Listen For Yourself :D

balance is fine but you need to bring out the instruments as previous poster said... muddy.

Holy crap apple.. I really liked it, but ok..

Brightness, you mean add some air to it all like 15k etc? Or more pronounced in the room styley around 5k?

And muddy? Maybe I need a break from it so I can listen to it as music rather than as what I know I play.. thanks guys! :D

Joe

your lowend seems completely out of control. its basically just boomy without any definition.
are you mixing on headphones or a hifi system?

most mixes i heard that sound like this may actually sound great at your place,
while they wont translate to any other system and room...

id say work on your room acoustics and your monitoring. youll immediately hear that a lot of things are different
to your favorite pro production!

hope that helps!

your lowend seems completely out of control. its basically just boomy without any definition.
are you mixing on headphones or a hifi system?

most mixes i heard that sound like this may actually sound great at your place,
while they wont translate to any other system and room...

id say work on your room acoustics and your monitoring. youll immediately hear that a lot of things are different
to your favorite pro production!

hope that helps!

Shit man, I'll take this downstairs and have a listen, because on my 5.1 it sounds great (not the best for mixing on), headphones it sounds ok, and when we tracked the vocals a while back the mix also sounded good on the Yamaha HS's (the NS10 remakes).. looks like I'm a little buggered for mixing then, I'll need to get a sub or something?

Cheers guys

no you don't NEED a sub. you need to treat your room.

Do you know how I would go about finding out what I'd have to fix? To find my problem areas so to speak?

I have one of those clips which go from 20Hz to 24,000 or whatever to really go through everything you can hear.. so if something goes loud I need to know what freq that is and get a trap for it? And if something is quiet? What then?

Cheers!

id not rely so much on what others say about your mix.
a great mix will not happen, if you ask person a : more snare ? answer : yes.
ask person b : more kick ? answer : yes...

this will not lead to a great mix. you will have to learn to decide for yourself,
listen back to references, try matching your levels to those.