Alright guys, let me have it

NoSoup4you22

Keep on blorpin'
Feb 16, 2010
Minnesota, USA
www.myspace.com
Hey, new to the forum, but I've been lurking for awhile, partly because the mixes here usually make me feel inadequate. :worship: Anyway, I've been working on this CD for awhile... Maybe a year of on-and-off work recording and producing. To be honest, I really want to focus on new material, so I'm not going to drastically change these mixes anymore... It'd be good to know what I should work on in the future though.

Song 1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6097696/01%20-%20The%20Distance.mp3

(Conventional metal production standards apply)

Song 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6097696/02%20-%20Sunken%20Boat%20Equilibrium.mp3

(More concerned with the atmosphere on this one, which is a little harder to judge than "is the guitar tone good enough," etc...)

My methods are unconventional as far as I know... I arranged all the drums and orchestra in ACIDpro from real samples, in wav format, no midi or anything. Applied my own reverbs, volume envelopes, compression etc to various pieces of the drum kit, mostly with the Waves set of plugins. Guitars and bass are all 100% DIs without a DI box. The distortions are done in Guitar Rig 3, and the cleans are mostly a Telecaster with an acoustic pickup in it. Basically, this album has no preproduction. What else... Oh yeah, the mastering is currently "applying Waves L2 to the mix," and I've done this all on a pair of Sony MDR headphones, the 20 dollar ones everybody has. I'm going to be releasing it as a physical CD :lol:, artwork below:

l_a85e78ead4ee497b959dcec45e03626f.png

I'm actually looking for a singer to complete it right now too.

As you can see, I haven't gotten into production too seriously, but I do have a basic grasp on it I guess. For all I know though, the bass frequencies could be out of control or something, since I haven't listened on proper monitors yet... o_O I'll take a look at it on better equipment before I release it.

Must say i really like the music.
The guitars on the first track are not really much to my taste but seem to suite the music well enough. Try out some other amp sims, it sounds quite fizzy at points.
Bass isn't out of control, in fact a tad bit low imo.
Drums also could come up maybe a db or so, try giving the kick more body?